219mm hangar / 300mm axle Tracker trucks <<------ GROUP BUY, get some!

so i’ve just taken off the 107 Abec 11’s on our Quinny longboard stroller (http://www.quinny.com/longboardstroller/), to take a look at the trucks, and they have a whopping 300mm axle.

what’s interesting is that the baseplate says “tracker fastrack”, but on their site, it’s only the “dart” which has a wider hangar, and that’s stated at 219mm, which is exactly what the hangar on the quinny is…

so, could be fastrack baseplate with dart hangar?

anyways - has anyone seen trucks this wide before? are their any other makes that do that width? (done quick searches this evening - seems like the Paris 195mm are widest and most easily available)…

g

Carbon gt has 306mm trucks. Very wide and won’t tip over, but the trucks aren’t available by themselves.

yea - am wondering whether quinny did a deal with Tracker to make them larger trucks, or whether the dart is in fact the truck that is that long…

that and a welded motor mount, and you’re good to go…

So who wants to source some extra wide 200-300mm wide caliber style trucks and put together a group buy? I’d get in on that. :wink:

5 Likes

i’m in for that, and also might volunteer for putting together the group buy…

who else?

3 Likes

I don’t think they exist :frowning: though boosted uses wider than standard caliber trucks

What kind of hanger profile do Evolve and Boosted have? Can those be sourced and adapted to our needs as is? Or maybe someone can find their factory and have them cast the hangers with a caliber shape? Just thinking out loud.

@oneafrikan Do it! I’ll be the first on the list as long as they aren’t stupid expensive, and decent quality.

Boosted uses caliber trucks I think they’re just custom ordered by boosted

ok. will think on it. not much time atm for more email, but will figure out a system that makes it easy for me to manage.

i picked up what i think is a Moose drop deck a while back on ebay, super cheap in the end so was an easy punt. has a super nice shape, big Steadfast wheels, and actually fits my stance nicely. problem is the trucks were shite. after a bit of use the front axle was bent (i am heavy, but not that heavy!), and the board wasn’t riding true when pushed (like my lush symbian with Sabres). so i threw them out this weekend. now i’m looking for wider trucks so i can experiement with motor mounts on a drop deck.

so i guess the question is: how do you tell quality? how do we know the clone trucks we’re getting are good quality?

1 Like

I would get some 2

Those 219 mm Tracker trucks are not RKP though?

Afaik RKP is when the kingpin & bushing faces outwards from the centre of the board. So my pintail faces inwards - this would be TKP, whilst the other boards face outwards, which would be RKP?

If my understanding is correct then on the Quinny it’s RKP as the kingpin & bushing are facing outwards.

Dunno abt the 219mm darts - wasn’t looking at that.

If so, what would be the issue though - space for mounting motor?

Im looking for large trucks for a Rear double motor build, have you found more info ?

I’ve found a bunch of makers but no contact yet. That’s next step.

I called company and they made 2000 Fastrack trucks for the Quinny !

None in stock!

For a Rear Double the Dart’s will do but they are not RKP.like the Quinny.

You sure the Quinny were not longer than 300mm tip to tip??

I called company and they made 2000 Fastrack trucks for the Quinny !

None in stock!

For a Rear Double the Dart’s will do but they are not RKP.like the Quinny.

You sure the Quinny were not longer than 300mm tip to tip??

Crap. Will they make more?

Yea pretty sure it’s 300 tip to tip. Can double check tmrw.

The Dart is 286 mm tip to tip.

They could make more he said, depends on how many,… but would take 4-5 months ?

I can wait that long… Need to learn welding theory in the meantime.

I’ll take another measurement - hope they are!

Did you talk on phone or via email? Happy to pick up with him and see where it goes…

We talked on Phone