2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

i am down for bay area, but would prefer golden gate park, or maybe even mountainv vies over pleasentan. We can do the stevens creek trail in mountain view

2 Likes

Pleasanton is a great idea.

1 Like

I’ll cruise anywhere in the bay anytime to ride. I vote for groupride from Pleasanton to SF proper so everyone’s happy. :smiley:

Looks like a great place, do you know when you are hosting it? I don’t want to go at school.

TBD on if/when I’m hosting it. Step one is getting @Michaelinvegas’s blessing, and after that I’ll have to get permission from the city so that curious cops know that we aren’t causing trouble. I’m thinking Spring break or later, to make it easier on everyone. It would be a 3 day thing, starting in the afternoon on a Friday and ending on Sunday.

2 Likes

I think @Michaelinvegas is dealing with some family issues, so I’m not sure when he will be back.

2 Likes

Yes, he has not logged into the forum for over two weeks. He will be back when its right for him, he has our best wishes always. If people need to make plans, make them and assume he will try and feather into them as he can, when and if he can.

6 Likes

I am closing this topic, since the meeting place and idea has changed a little bit - a new one with relevant information will be started shortly, and the topics will be merged later if it becomes advantageous for the understanding of members that might potentially go to the convention.

4 Likes

Opened again? What is different?

@Michaelinvegas doesn’t want us to move it just yet @Alphamail

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas is still making plans for this last I talked to him. Working on getting convention room rates and I believe has a venue spot in the works. I can say it’s been a rough winter but will regroup, organize and get the ball rolling.

2 Likes

How about you all come over to Straya, you can all come camp in the back yard with the Roos and wombats. The population of my town is 30k with about 3 other esk8ers I’ve seen

2 Likes

Ooh, maybe I’ll be able to pick up my cyber Monday order in person!

2 Likes

OK, what’s the word on this? Were getting to the point of no return as far as airfare goes.

road trip!

That might be interesting if we could get enough peeps and a passenger van.

1 Like

school bus!

Ha, like the onewheel trip from palm desert to Vegas

Yep. Actually, it could be an epic 2 week journey…eskate in cities along the way, picking up people. #magicskatebus

3 Likes