1st Modular battery with removable cells and bms!

@willpark16 has informed me that he has got photos now. Go ahead

Before balance leads this is an earlier model

I did this for a 10s 3p when Iā€™m home Iā€™ll show the more completed ine

Iā€™m still interested in how individual cells are replaceable.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the second design this is the original Iā€™m not at home rn so I only posted the photos I had on my phone

Lets seeā€¦ 20 characters

Whereā€™s the BMS? These are just small packs connected in seriesā€¦

The pack is dissassembledā€¦ also These packs have bms inside each one, one of three designs in testing

1 Like

I understand this is vague rn but Im currently short a lot of cash to fund this project and the parts I do have im waiting for. I am aiming to retail some packs that are safe for travel through an airport with zero issues while also posting the designs so they are available for modification by others

Donā€™t market this as being air travel safe. Unless you have a Air Transport Certification, it is not worth the marketing.

If there is a BMS for each cell, what happens when the pack as a whole is shorted.

Well itā€™s not idiot proof if thatā€™s what you mean but i believe the bms should protect it from short circuit. Only more research and tests can give u a solid answer though

10 BMS units and each must be able to push 60ampsā€¦ well that sounds expensive

Testing some bypassed bms as one solution itā€™s really just money slowing progress

Then the bms is absolute useless against short circuit

30a is possible though, basically u sacrifice current

I donā€™t know what to make of this honestly.

Youā€™re saying each pack has a BMS, but theyā€™re all connected in series. And the BMS i bypassed? If so, then it shouldnā€™t balance the cells because you seem to have connected the charging leads with the discharge leads? Thatā€™s what I assume because on the last picture it looks like each battery only has two leads.

Is the BMS variable? What happens if I want to go from 12S to 6S?

30a is possible though, basically u sacrifice current

Ok, but amps(current) isnā€™t really something you can sacrifice very much of and still have a functional boardā€¦

I didnā€™t say it was completed this is proof of concept for some naysayers there is much more work to be done but itā€™s almost all on paper rn I donā€™t mind answering any questions though