1st Eskate build , Drop through, 6364 Outboard

Hey, great idea with the oven. What heat lamp/bulb do you have? I’m not sure what bulb would be good enough to heat the ABS. Thanks.

It was a heat lamp made for heating an outside Gazebo, got it at home depot 1500W

Ok thanks.

How did the vacuum forming work out? Successful? Enough heat?

Worked out great !!

4 Likes

Wow looks fantastic. I am going to have to get myself a heat lamp… Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to heat they ABS (until formable)?

Also, do you have a link to the lamp at hormdepot? I’m going to go pick one up but can’t seem to find it on their website. Thanks!

This is not a lamp but can probably be cheaper solution.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/IMUSA-6-in-Electric-Double-Burner-GAU-80306/205460215

I bought the lamps years before, so i don’t have a link but like JonnyMeduse shows , you can use any element.

Took around 5 min to get hot enough,… you will see it will Sag 4-5 inches when ready.

Really think that would produce enough heat? I’m not questioning you just want to get what will work…

I use a setup with one burner to reflow pcb when the ground plane is to big and take away all the heat.

You can get easely around 200deg cellcius… witch is more than enough to melt plastic…

@Randyc1 @JohnnyMeduse Sorry don’t mean to hijack your thread and ask a bunch of questions about vacuum forming

I was looking around, what do you think about me picking up two of these? 1100w each for a total of 2200w compared to 1500w (and Amazon Prime)

https://www.amazon.com/IMUSA-GAU-80305-Electric-Single-Burner/dp/B005T0SN0K/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1482452577&sr=1-1&keywords=electric%2Bburner&th=1

I’m sure it will work fine.

Hey man. a quick couple of questions as our builds are similar. Now the motor has arrived I am not happy with the amount of clearance that I am going to get with the 255 belt and a standard mount. Can I ask how your longer pulley to pulley distance is holding out? Any belt issues and how long are your belts? I am looking at a 6mm alu welded mount for a first go.

Thanks Norcs

Hey, I really like this project. How did you made your motor mount?

I have a question for @Randyc1 as well :wink: What gearing did you end up going with? I just purchased the 190kv version of the 6364 and looking to source some pulleys. Cheers!

Aluminum part was homemade with Ordinary Router and table saw, Stainless part was Punched on a 35Ton Punch where i work, then I cut to desired shape.

My gearing is 15T, 36T with the 245KV ,… with 190KV if u use 10S you could go 16T,34T

That looks sweet! Good job! I have build my single drive longboard not to long ago. Its running 12s and an 149kv motor, controlled by vesc. Recently the motor mount bent, I use the same trucks as you do. What motor mount do you uses?

Its home made