1st Eskate build , Drop through, 6364 Outboard

It’ll be for 2 5s lipos or a custom made 10s pack

Well if you build a 10S pack made from 18650 cells like i did, …Google like I said ,…(42V 3A Lithium ion charger.Alibaba)

Since you dont have a bms how do you balance the cells with a charger that doesn’t support balancing?

Many that use High Quality brand new 18650 cells have reported that there is no drift.

Last time i checked mine there was only 1/100 of a volt difference. Member whitepony is another who does’nt use bms, and has reported zero drift after over 1500 km !

Charger stops at 42V , …I have a Voltmeter on my board so i know excactly what Voltage I am at …and Vesc has been programmed to stop discharge at 30V,…

I have never ridden below 33-34V , that was after a 40km ride

Ok now i see. And why choose to have 4x 10s in parallel instead of having two huge 5s in series?

18650 cells are very low profile, only 18 mm in diameter, so that makes for.a low profile pack!

No i meant why not make two huge 5s batteries from 18650 cells and connect them in series?

Have you seen my battery build? Not sure you understand how 18650 cells work ?? Each cell is (3.6V nom), 4.2v max volts , i have 10 in SERIES 4.2Vx10=42V… x 4 in PARALLEL(4x 3200mah)= 12800mah

I have seen you pack. However my question is : What is the reasoning behind having 10 in series x 4 instead of having two 5s batteries packs connected in series. Each 5s batteries pack is made up of 5 x 4 cells in parallel that are all connected in series.

The pack your talking about are like the ones found in RC cars?? These.packs your talking about are much thicker than 18650 cells , my board is a drop throught so it is low and i needed a very flat battery pack.

18650 cells allow you to build a pack of the size you want also !

No i am talking about a pack made up of 18650 cells not the conventional lipo packs for rc.

Do you have a pic, never seen those?

Ok I think we have a communication problem. I am talking about using the same cells you use (18650s) but in a different configuration. Instead of having 10s4p, why not wire them such as to have 2x 5s in series (making one big 10s pack) and each of these 5s is made of 5 groups (connected in series) of 4 18650s (connected in parallel).

HAHAH! Oh my, that vacuum table is hilarious. I’m sorry :wink: It seems to work very well, good job, just… the holes.

What advantage do you think that would give you ?

I just felt the way i did it was the easiest to build.

?

Ya well the holes were just done randomely, really did 'nt want to spend to much time making this.since it would make zero difference.

I’m curious to hear your reasoning ?

That is exactly the reason i asked you that lol. Since i want to build my very first battery from 18650s i wanted to know the advantages that you configuration have.

When you installed the motor on the outside did you need anything special? Any special motor or anything? Cause i’ve never done a outside build so i really don’t know what you would need and not need. :slight_smile:

Same motors as others,… just the Motor Mount may need to have a longer Center to Center to clear the truck .