18+ only Ouch! My Worse accident to date NSFW

Also…be as consistent in your board stance…

This will help you find the right set up for you…

What board did electronics fail on?

Raptor. motor attached to slave vesc suddenly went full brake and board shut down. It appears to be the results of a short in the vesc AND phase wires shorting just past the heat shrink as they enter the motor. I believe this happened to @Xusia as well. Both first batch boards.

I think a lot of motors fail like this. Ive had two do this. I was going 27mph and I was off in half a heartbeat.

Sounds mental hahah

Yes, this is a problem and while this seems to have been fixed in later batches of motors it should really be checked VERY thoroughly. I can’t believe how horrible my motor was, almost no insulation and wires could move absolutely freely at the entrance. CHECK YOUR MOTORS FOLKS!

Happened to me too. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/r-spec-shorted-phase-wire-problem-solution/6474

Thankfully I never ride extremely fast and have only one motor and the break power of this was not enough to throw me off. The first time it happened it sure tested my brains reaction time.

my first build with an off the shelf hobby ESC and an Arduino with wii nunchuck. I was still working on the arduino FW and had a bug that would apply full brake sometimes if it lost connectivity. I had just grabbed some fresh Chipotle too. RIP delicious burrito.:burrito::bomb:

1 Like

My left motor cogs/locks up momentarily on acceleration. It just states doing this. I’ll be moving 3-5 mph and then it stutters. Feels like it’s braking, but just stuttering. Any idea why? Bad motor? I was riding it with a loose motor mount and lots of vibration.

who doesn’t love a bit of thread revival…

WARNING: 18+ ONLY

was riding my board with some skinny pop in free hand at less than 10mph, turned too hard, hit the fucking curb… popcorn bag popped and all my popcorn was gone :frowning:

2 Likes

video got deleted rip

Dress for the slide not the ride…

2 Likes

Man you guys are insane…

Anyway, I went over a speed bump this morning at 30 km/h and this happened:

I obviously fell of my board, majority of the hit was on my back, but I was wearing leather, so only a scratch. My right elbow is roughed up too… The thing is I hit my head… And it all happened so quickly, it’s been hours and I’m still a little freaked out.

Dudes… fucking board broke… I really was not expecting that at all.

Anyway, reading your posts made me feel better. Stay safe yall.

1 Like

some of the worst accidents and injuries i’ve had were from 2 or 3 minute slow rides to “just over there” during which something incredibly ameture would happen, such as getting thrown by an ant carrying a grain of sand or suddenly my wheel gets stuck in an imaginary hole in the pavement, or i’m just too retarded to balance that slow.

8 Likes

Can someone prune that post please…it’s @#46

1 Like

I fell last week going slow on a sidewalk… A small rock stopped my board dead and I kept going. If I was going faster I would have gone over the rock like it’s all good.

i cant even imagine getting that speed. lol for me the safest speed is 25kmh or 15mph.

Ftfy

Edit: copied video removed

4 Likes

damn i should have kept the rock and peed on it.

2 Likes

Since it was so funny I figured I should give credit to the original owner of the video.

4 Likes

I wear gloves now…

3 Likes