18+ only Ouch! My Worse accident to date NSFW

Videos like this are a good reminder of what could happen. https://youtu.be/zf-JrJ_hssA

4 Likes

5:08 I fear this very much :cry:

1 Like

5:08, getting run over by a car! Ouch. No protective gear could protect you from that.

1 Like

LOL wow the last clip I actually used in my very first YT video at the very last second…so funny…the other clips, not so much :frowning: 5:08 was scary as fuck. I want to share this video everywhere because a lot of guys in this video weren’t wearing helmets and could’ve gotten cracked it open easily.

They all need brakes.

Those are some rough clips. Can’t help but watch.

Today riding my board with the battery unplugged , battery unplugged, vesc slammed on the brakes. Luckily I was going 5 mph. I’ve had it happened before it’s the receiver wire falling in and out of connection. Same thing as before. I thought I was crazy before but nope it happens. When the board is powered it will do whatever it wants every couple minutes. Super unsafe.

1 Like

So much stupidity in one video. People just don’t realize how fragile the human skull really is.

1 Like

Ouch !! Oh man that looks vile !!

i was thinking , front dual drive hub motors + rear brake wheels from www.brakeboard.com . what do you think ?

The brakes on the vesc with dual motors especially are more than enough

this is more in case of braking/power loss The Brakeboard as an emergency brake is a good idea, but i dont want to spend that much money on a thing that i maybe never use. Also i heard that the handling of these trucks is not that good.

I’ve got what might be a broken heal from losing brakes with power loss but I think it’s really my own fault and if the electronics are well protected (potted!) it shouldn’t happen. Even when both my low voltsge cut off happen using the vesc I still have full power on the brakes

I thought of conection issues or a dead contoller/reciever, but as i said, the cance of this to happen is very small.

had a few discussions on a facebook page . a rider told us that he was lucky that knew the techniques of sliding to stop and other ways of stopping . one day he said , his evolve make a funny sound , by the time he could figure it out , he heard a “tearing & ripping” sound and can felt it on his feets . now he lost all controls on his board . thats when he applied his knowledge of sliding stop . good thing he didnt use the 200mm rubber pneumatic tyres . as for me , i too have torn a belt before , good thing i was just picking up speed . only abt 4km speed .

Let’s lighten the mood and watch the experts take a beating

4 Likes

Only been riding esk8 for about 5 months and had two falls of note. 1st - completely user error. While riding about 5 mph standing straight legged and looking at my buddy behind me, I jerked in surprise when a car unexpectedly came around a near by corner…my jerk caused me to accidentally full throttle…the dual raptor launched me like a catapult assaulting a wall. Made good use of the helmet, but no injuries. My buddy laughed his ass off. Wish I had a recording of it. 2nd - electronics failure about two weeks ago. Shorted Vesc and possibly motor. Accelerating from stop light hit 15mph or so, sudden brake lock up, shitty superman imitation, then I’m sliding across one of the busiest street in Los Angeles (PCH) on my shoulder and elbow. Really lucky, cars going my direction had enough room to avoid me. Decent, but not terrible road rash on elbow and hands. Seriously shaken confidence is the biggest outcome. Fixed my board yesterday, but I have yet to break 20mph. Bought gloves, in the market for knee and elbow pads.

1 Like

Practice practice practice

Biggest mistake for noobs on eboards…

Half of the riding is abt throttle control

1 Like

Also check you truck setup…

Too tight? Too loose? Front? Back? Both? Depends on how and where you ride …

This can really effect your ride confidence…

Funny you say that. Adjusted them four or five times today and still don’t seem quite right.

It happens…if it ain’t right it ain’t right …

If the trucks set up feels good but a little tight…that’s ok… With time and practice…the bushings will loosen up…

As you progress your speed and carving will increase…and will help break in the truck bushings

1 Like

Also…be as consistent in your board stance…

This will help you find the right set up for you…