Zenithal | Dual 6374 190Kv Sensored | 107MM | 10S3P 30Q | VESC4

Ok…who can wait for belts right? Dug up my ole alum+cf mount :yum:

3 Likes

I’d use the overtaker but the deck is grey and won’t blend as well with the carbon fiber enclosure. Not to mention I like your deck design more. How short does the deck get at its shortest width? I’ve seen pictures of tapered enclosures that mastercho makes. He may be able to make a tapered 23 inch enclosure compatible with the zenith deck.

Good timing just did some measurements earlier for a possible @Eboosted enclosure

Problem with the mastercho is that the internal width is larger than the tapered section in the middle, not even counting the lip

2 Likes

Damn. Does it even fit well at the top where it’s 7.5 inches? I thought the mastercho was 8 In wide.

This was quite an ordeal but finally got it lol 375 was the magic number :yum:

4 Likes

What do you think about the python with the mastercho enclosure. It’s the same width as the wider part of your board. If yours didn’t shorten in the middle and stayed at 7.5 inches wide all the way down, would it work well with the mastercho 23 inch?

1 Like

Looks like there’s a bulge down the middle it’s not flat

I think that’s just the way that picture looks.

From 1:40-2:20 you can see the bottom nicely.

1 Like

Yes there’s a hump, you’ll need an enclosure that can flex to the curve or one that already has it I can’t tell how much of a curve though, padding might be enough with a flat enclosure

I was surprised to learn that Hi5ber offers every model in all available colors of carbon fiber.

colored carbon fiber? i was under the impression actual carbon fiber was always black, and that colors were generally dyed kevlar or fiberglass.

Yeah the carbon fiber stays black just the kevlar or whatever it’s meshed with is dyed

Yes. I guess I should have said in every color option.

Tired of sleeving & shrinking? Just stumbled across this :wink: http://amzn.to/2EFDlBI .

7 Likes

That’s the shit, ordering now. Good looking out.

Dumb question, why is this better than regular heat shrink? Where would you use this instead?

1 Like

Wherever you would use braided sleeving and instead of putting heat shrink on the sleeving at each end, this sleeving can be shrunk

2 Likes

To protect motor phase and sensor wires. I usually heat shrink the ends of the weave to keep them in place and to minimize anything bigger than dirt getting in. I’ll prolly continue to use heat shrink but this stuff should make the process simpler.

3 Likes

A few tips for the those getting the shrink braid. If shrunk 100% it does stiffen up but still flexible, so if you want extra flexibility get a smaller size so you don’t have to shrink completely for snug fit. An interesting feature I found is you can make fixed angles and shapes by shrinking one side more than another, so you can have a flexible fixed angle, I’ll take some pics of that tomorrow to better explain.

5 Likes

Got any new pics with your eboosted enclosure? I’m looking for something to build with the carvon torque drive I just bought. Thinking Zenith…