Zenboard technology

somebody put a diyeboard on a deck and calls it a product?

1 Like

I just checked it out and everything about it is just sketchy lol :joy:

hearts for the cringe levels of that link. People really need to quit telling their kids everything they do is special :laughing:

Cringe level at extremes

1 Like

Just watch the video. A rare specimen. The music at the end is the icing on the cake. RIP my ears

1 Like

Speaking of Stary, just got this in the mail…

IMG_4454

3 Likes

Wait what. They are still delivering? What was your Kickstarter backer no? I’m 1101.

1 Like

Or did you buy off their website?

I was one of the only US Kickstarter backers who actually received theirs years ago. Got it brand new, hated the planetary gear single drive, promptly sold it in a week. The guy I sold it to offered for me to buy it back for $40 which is a pretty good deal so I did. Gonna try and fix it up and give it away at one of our group rides I think.

1 Like

Lol what. He probably spent more on shipping. Damm you had me excited for a second. Fak me.

Have you seen any of the last 10 cheap china dumpster boards?

2 Likes

damn! that is a hell of a deal even if it was just for the box! didn’t even know Stary was still in business!

1 Like

They aren’t, that board is from 2 years ago. I think.

1 Like

Good luck fixing it ! I haven’t seen the point to do so… The deck is really bad and much too thin to accept 18650. Only 6 pouch cells can be in there… I let you imagine the range you can have with the tiny space inside

It’s more about the joy of the build than actually riding it haha. It should be a good starter board for somebody, and it does get up hills pretty well for a single planetary drive…

They actually made a Stary V2 board, but the team lost motivation after the whole Kickstarter fiasco and pivoted to scooters. I learned this from chatting with the Metasurf guy, who visited Stary while he was in China looking for factories. Disappointing end for an (in)famous product…

1 Like

Wait really? What’s the new company called. I was dumb and 18 at time and I payed with a debit card. If I knew any better I would have disputed the charge.

no idea sorry :sweat:

1 Like

Interesting never heard of a V2. It’s true the planetary hub is very powerfull given its size

Definitely not 18650 Li-ion battery cells, a deck with this kind of thickness must be assembled with Li-pol battery