Your opinion on Buffalo F1 board

@armandR please provide alibaba link

I cant find it anymore, they removed it but here are some screenshots.

and

you can see the highlighted price.

Cheers ArmandR was getting confused since that fiik spine link aboveā€¦thought you were suggesting the Buffalo F1 was already on Alibaba.

1 Like

Doubting if Buffalo would reach the 50000$ goal. Theyā€™re halfway and ā€˜ā€˜the good dealsā€™ā€™ are gone already. They got 4 weeks left to get the last 23000$.

@Mark Not sure how kickstarter works but the creator believes the campaign will be successful.Recent updates suggest they received parts a couple of days ago for ā€˜first bulk productionā€™ with a shipping date of December

Buffalo have released a bit more detail on the controllerā€¦looks good, my only concern is that they have elected in the design to remove reverse function.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15078861_1210377539023693_4440596041281126027_n.png?oh=a7d878231496fd38c80e6a9efe3e050e&oe=58B9D337

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15036736_1215489701845810_5498417720383316285_n.png?oh=bca4abcbdf309726fc8a2b0980e3da5f&oe=58C801AE

Buffalo confirmed the cells they are using are LG 18650 MF1

Found a spec sheet for the MF1 here

These appear to be 10 amp 2150 Mah. Battery pack consists of 21 cells see above. Is the board likely to perform ok/ struggle with these cells?

Hereā€™s a thread back from the dead

Yep HOLY SHIT I have one at my houseā€¦

Review and ride videos to come.

Arenā€™t you curious?

2 Likes

@Michaelinvegas have you ridden/tested the board yet? how is the performance for speed and hills?

Those wheels are pretty much exactly Evolve GT wheels!

I have been unfortunately sick this weekā€¦and really havenā€™t had the opportunity to ride or test much outā€¦ Iā€™ve un boxed it and poked aroundā€¦ Iā€™ll make a video and review soon But for now

3 Likes

Donā€™t they have any website where they are selling it ? I canā€™t find anything else exept the kickstarter link xD

There is a clone who seem to be nice and would be available even after kickstarter, as they are already selling other eboard https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1375688346/flex-eboard-rough-stuff-electric-longboard/description

@Truebanana they are available on amazon.

@Michaelinvegas were you able to try it? It looks like a tempting board for $700ish

@Battosaii lol just been busy and havenā€™t had timeā€¦

Butā€¦let me add this quick thought abt the brakesā€¦

The faster you goā€¦the sooner and the harder they engageā€¦

Soā€¦stopping adds an extra level of (unwanted) excitement to your ride.

There is no clone. I-wonder is the manufacturer for both of these companies and with a 5k budget you can create a custom enclosure and call it your own. :slight_smile: However Buffalo has an odd history and or lack of and shady marketing by trying to sell the buffalo enclosure in a second marketing attempt on indiegogo under Motion Boards brand. So thatā€™s all i can say for that.

I expect the board to be decent for the money but nothing to scream about.

Too much flex for my taste. They took the flex thing to much forward. The boards shape looks funny, is almost like a toy. Like a chinese toy (which It is) too much plastic. The logo, which is ugly, wont help to the overall image either. In aviation they have a saying for aircraft design: ā€œIf is beautiful It will fly good.ā€

Do they seriously say that in aviation? I think the b2 looks amazing but good luck flying that rudderless bitch without computers

1 Like

Funny you said that, considering the B-2 is not only the first stealth intercontinental bomber, but also the first stealth tetra engine aircraft, still the only one in existence after more than 3 decades since the advent of stealth technogy, a flying wing, with fly-by-wire (your computers) and on top of that, almost 30 years in service (since 1988)ā€¦ so not only is a beautiful plane (striking) but the most advanced aircraft ever designed, devilish accurate, the most expensive aircraft ever built, tested in battle and the most lethal bomber ever. You bet this astonishing beautiful aircraft flies (computers or not) like Aladins carpet, hell yeah!!

1 Like

ā€¦and yes, they really said that in the aviation world. (there it goes your Buffalos down the drain)

These guys have been on ebay for quite some time now.