Yeap! is another motormount coming up.... suggestions?

Hey guys let me know what do you think about my motor mount, I have bought different motor mounts from here… like enertion, torqueboards, marc… but then … I would like to try to make something else… at least for me…

The plate is 6mm thick and the clamp is 13mm thick…

What I am trying to do is for caliber and for 63mm motors type…

1. adjust angle for different decks, so I did an 15 degree ajustable, you can use it backwards also! and adjust the angle for every 15 degrees.
  2. clamp style like enertion … for me it was better than others…
  3. Enough space on the motor side that the clip do not touch the support … .aarrrhhh yeap I bought supports that fucked up my motor because there was no concern about this…
  4. light and somehow rigid … 6mm plate
  5. able to turn the motor to acomodate cables… so I did a 30 degree adjustable.

I did a sample for testing… the finishing is not perfect on these one, but I’m going to order a better and anodized version… maybe three colors like blue, red and black…

Let me know what you think… … if someone wanna join for some unit let me know…

plate1

2 Likes

What about belt tensioning? And with your current design, you’re only able to use certain size of motors.

2 Likes

thanks DilatedPupils… yes I did it for 63mm motors… and belt tensioning can be done with idlers… I didn’t showed on the pictures… my bad… let me correct that…

Looks interesting but you don’t necessarily need all those motor mount positions do you? I get adjustment on the truck angle but not the motor. It is nice to be able to position the phase wires where you want them but thats a bit of overkill I think. Anyway good strong looking mount though.

2 Likes

yes… I did it a bit overkill on this point…but hey… .it cut weight… :)… I was mad… when I bought a mount and then I couldn’t fit to my deck…where I want …so… now I make it possible with these design… thank you!

2 Likes

The very spirit of innovation is that concept. Just because its not out there does not mean it should not be. But for ease of manufacture and strength maybe half the number would be an option.

From what i can see, your belt tensioners aren’t adjustable (you’ve only drilled 2 holes for them). The only way to tension the belt in your case would be to change the size of the bearings/rollers used). I would suggest milling a slot instead of having just 2 holes.

1 Like

yes… you are right… what I’m planning to do is, instead of a slot, put more 4 holes where I can change the location of the bearing… then changing the tension… I do not like slots… I have 3 mounts with them… I normaly use dual 6374 … and when I apply strong breaks… the bearings on the slots… moved… maybe @Deckoz @mmaner and other guys that use dual 6374 had more lucky than me… I like to accelerate hard and break hard… so slots for idlers is not an option for me…

1 Like

You need a higher resolution when it comes to belt tensioning, discrete holes won’t cut it.

Also there should be a notch cut out on the motor side. Some people have their pulleys permanently attached to the motor so being able to slide it out is pretty much a must

1 Like

@nuttyjeff … hummm yes… but I’m sure that for me…slots didn’t work for idlers… when I press really hard on breaks… they are the first to move… i hate that… I prefer to make a swiss cheese on this plate… instead of making slots…

@kalebludlow yes that’s a good idea… but… I didn’t make it because I was afraid to make it weak … but hey… maybe you are right… thanks for the suggestion… I’m going to put a notch in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those all holes make your motor mount integrity to not exist, after a harder riding, it will break because of tension forces…

If you idler jumps up, when means either your mount is using too soft metal which can deform and move, or you tighten bolt not enough

1 Like

yeap… that is what I want to see… I’m testing … 200 km already… I have used lot of motor mounts… but they all have thin plates…and flex or had problems… this one is shorter… until now… is holding pretty good… and I can tell you… I put it on the limits… dual 6374… breaking and accelerating hard… that’s the most fun… for me… let’s see…

1 Like

Imagine this always bending your mount back and forward because these kind of forces are produced by motor and wheels

Main Product

P.S. You use too much “

EDIT: Also mounts you mention I know dozen of people using every day without any issues

yeap, many people use them and is all right… for me it didn’t work, I like enertion but is not what I expected to adjust on my deck. Others had better adjust but it didn’t hold for me, they flex or make me crazy moving the idlers. I got tired of stopping and putting thread lock… when I say breaking hard… I mean… breaking hard… I was going to run away… a girl that didn’t look at street… so breaking hard that means really breaking hard… heheheh… what happens is something have to give up… so the slot idlers gave up… always… piss me off…

Ok… I will try to reduce the holes… that is a good suggestion… thanks!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks more issue of assembly not of hardware, people ride high speeds and big ass motors with those mounts and didn’t had any flex or idler issues…

I honestly don’t know why you’re experiencing this problem. I don’t think anyone else has this issue. I personally don’t.

@Kug3lis yeap… it can be… always it depends how you ride I think… lot of people are happy with breaks on dual 6355… I can’t …
the slots of ilders for me… until now… I couldn’t make then hold up… I would like to know how these people break hard … and don’t move… I couldn’t make it… so I tried to reduce the size of the plate… and make it thicker… so until now… all good…

@nuttyjeff yeap… don’t know if you use the same config… I have dual 6374… 107mm wheels… torqueboards trucks… and landyachtz evo… normaly do not ride too fast … around 40km/h to 55km/h… but I like to get there quickly and break when need it…

1 Like

First thing brake hard on belts don’t exist :smiley:

1 Like

well I agree that gears are better… but… I can tell you… a dual 15mm belts… can break… pretty good… if the mounts can hold it in place…