Y piece or canbus

hey @Namasaki i finally tried this because i noticed a small delay with the split ppm and getting poor signal at very low speed while walking / running two small dogs.

anyway, scavenged a receiver from an extra remote and it’s WAY better responding than the split PPM.

but now i have a small problem with remotes without receivers so wanted to get extra receivers.

only receivers on their own i could find on banggood is $17 just for the receiver so looking elsewhere for a cheaper option.

found these 2.4ghz receivers on aliexpress, but just wondering if they’d be compatible with the 2.4ghz mini (product description says they’re for gtb2 and its variants).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-LOT-Flysky-FS-GR3C-GR3C-FS-GR3E-GR3E-3CH-2-4Ghz-Receiver-For-FS-GT3B/32231952259.html

1 Like

Those receivers from Aliexpress are $26.86 and I don’t know if they are compatible. You can buy the Mini remote with receiver from eBay for $17.59 with free shipping Anyway, it’s a good idea to have extra transmitters in case the one your using gets lost or damaged during a fall. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4GHz-Radio-Remote-Controller-w-Receiver-Binding-Plug-for-Electric-Skateboard/263054079597?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D47bb037213004404b160c94c7baa9171%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D232284516689%26itm%3D263054079597&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

1 Like

yea it’s $27 for 5 receivers though.

ok I won’t risk it then, just have some extras lying around, no worries.

They’re gt3b receivers? Someone must have them and see if they can pair them with the mini remote. Pretty sure we managed to do this when we were testing @Russell23 vesc and battery a while back?

1 Like

Ok, I misread the site.

Edit; Oh… you were after mini receivers…

Using a split PPM cable; is it ok to have both 5V wires going to the receiver? I think I remember someone saying that iy should only have one power wire.

right, but the question is do these receivers work for both…?

yup, cut one of the 5v:

What happens if you don’t?

5 Likes

I’m not done with canbus slave control but due to a short of the sensors on my master the slave actually exploded inside its case, really exploded charred remains

It’s all I could put it down to…master is fine…sizzle like a fuse burning followed by a huge bang almost worth the experience!

4 Likes

Sounds… fun?! When I got my first android phone I droped from second floor to polished granite tile of first floor landed on display side. with huge sound it exploded inside. funny enoungh glass of screen was not cracked. eventually it started smoke and cought on fire. it was painful but worth it.

3 Likes

I have always liked a good explosion and although it has set me back a little, I learned something and can build it into the total cost of ownership.

I have not found an example of the same thing via searchand it has me wondering a little since a shorted sensor wire should be fairly common

Got pics? .

It had to have shorted on the ground, as Halls, temp and voltage will all just make each other fluctuate with erroneous readings?

1 Like

sure do! https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/5342?u=banjaxxed

1 Like

I would suspect you are very right, unfortunatly I did not inspect the sensor cable before dismantling it.

I don’t have the knowledge how that damage could cause the master to be able to explode the slave via a canbus signal

Ah you have the old vesc on FOC? Probably more so that the old vesc is shitty unreliable garbage lol. Just my opinion from seeing a few go for no reason at all within my group of friends that ride lol. @Deckoz knows what im talking about.

1 Like

I bought another one that has a small problem, will give it one more try when(if) I fix it

Failing that 3dservisas send me two single focbox cases as backup

1 Like