XTND 3 kg electric longboard

And the batteries are LiPo…which is dissapoiting, but not suprising for me…

Well If you want an electric skateboard as a reliable vehicle or a sports utility tool there are very few providers of decent prebuilt boards.

Of course there are a ton of esk8ts around that I would categorise as toys. So I am only refering the the first kind.

1800 watts continuous for a motor that size no way and I strongly doubt it would even put out 1800 for a second. The small stator in that single tiny motor could get fed all the amps to do 1800 (possibly) but the stator is so small it can’t build a magnetic field equal to all that amperage, so saturation, and the amps can do no more than turn to heat.

I wish these businesses with bunk claims could be called on it but Kickstarter isn’t a forum and they control the info. Id love to get a thermometer and a vesc with info sent to my phone on all these boards and post results at the end of all their slick videos.

3 Likes

XTND posted on their FB page, that the normal board will have 165Wh battery, the 99Wh battery will be for those who want to travel by plane…

the board looks just horrible - a flat lifeless plank. its like a rolling platform to stand on, not like a board thats meant to be engaging and fun. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately there are lot´s of flat planks out there. Almost every premade eskate is just flat and lifeless …

Guess what happend…I hit on their electric engineer…I have a summer job in nearby supermarket at cash boxes and he came there with xtnd baseball cap…we just spoke for about 3 minutes he gave me his business card…he said they are using transmission gears inside the wheel…(something like stary) That shocked me, because their hubs doesnt look like that :open_mouth:

Production moved to china, board currently delayed one year. Floating charging dock gone, same price tho! xD