Xt90: What's what?

So im having a debate with my dad regarding xt90’s. Which is male and which is female? Here are the two arguments:

1. the pins are what determines the difference.
  2. the connector that determines the difference. 20181230_190915 20181230_191055
  • Right = Male | Left = Female
  • Right = Female | Left = Female

0 voters

Please help this is getting petty.

1 Like

Google images indicates right=male. sorry bro

Edit: I dont know anymore

1 Like

The male end goes in the female.

1 Like

Or in this case, both male ends go into both female ends

:smirk:

9 Likes

Its 2018 quit trying to assign genders

27 Likes

Sorry. My bad.

I’m not upset I’m just disappointed

4 Likes

Just tell your dad that his generation ruined the environment, that voting isn’t important, there’s kids on his lawn, and that Nine-Eleven was an inside job. You’ll feel better.

6 Likes

What about xt60’s then? :thinking:

2 Likes

dad said that one day you’ll be a member of the superior race :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This is a similar debate as “Is a recorded stand-up comedy – is that fiction or nonfiction?”

Well, it could be a nonfictional documentary about an evening in a venue

Or it could be a series of short fictional stories as narrated by comedian

2 Likes

Lol, which connector gets paid more for the same job? And which one gets mad when it fails to check if the toilet seat is up/down before sitting?

7 Likes

Yeah always base your male/female assumptions on the pins inside, not what plastic has been put over it.

6 Likes

EVEYTIME IN ELECTRONICS… the PIN is the gender, not the housing. If there is a pin it’s MALE. No discussion at all.

12 Likes

Well shit fellas Screenshot_20181230-143024_Chrome Screenshot_20181230-143020_Chrome

6 Likes

fair enough, you can see where I’m coming from though right

1 Like

If you notice the large disclaimer to myself on my original writing diagram… 20181230_090915 :confounded:

Sorry it’s upside down, too lazy to rotate and camera thinks right handed people take upside down pictures apparently

1 Like

4727929974_1489226e09_m

1 Like

Yeah, Female/male is always decided on the metal connector inside.

The main reasoning is that in a “live” side scenario you always want the female connector to be live. Like your house wall sockets are all female, similarly all batteries have female connectors. The “male” connector for xt90 is at much greater risk of a short circuit if something metal contacts the connector, as there is no insulation between the pins besides empty air.