XT90-S Antispark Connector

Hello,

Can someone please explain what modifications are needed for the XT90-S anti spark connector in order to make a loop-key? Also, how do these modifications physically impede a spark?

I bought myself a $60 on/off switch, which works great, but if I can achieve the same thing using a $6 loop-key I’m super interested!

I know you mean well but a cursory search would have gotten you the answer

also, many use xt90s in place of a antispark switch for cost savings and general ease.

having used a loop key for months, and using my board on a daily basis, eventually it gets to be a paint in the ass to pull a loop key in and out multiple times a day. also, due to the stress from friction of the connectors, the way I mounted the female xt90 connector eventually came loose off the enclosure. so that was ugly.

I’m on switches now, they’re just more convenient. but they do burn out, quite frequently, so that’s something to consider as well.

1 Like

The XT-90S has a resistor built in. You just connect the terminals of the side of the connector with the green “L” on it and put the other side of the connector in line with the circuit youd like to open and close (between battery and ESC on the ground side).

1 Like

The connector in the video appears to have 5.8 ohms of resistance. Is this enough resistance to prevent spark for a 10s system? I’ve seen other topics discussing soldering an additional resistor.

Can confirm, been using an XT-90s loop key for a little over 850 miles. No sparks, no damage, no nothin’.

Hope you spend the extra 54 bucks like a mad man!

My antispark mosfet led switch died on me recently…not having an antispark loop key by hand, I’ve DIY one out of a simple rocker switch, 100 ohm resistor and a pair of XT90 connectors. Connect the battery, default position of the switch is over the 100 ohm resistor, turn on the switch and plug the loop key.

Works like a charm.