Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Makes sense. How about adding a config option for the polling frequency? I personally don’t use real-time data. I just want data logging. If I could set the polling freq to /1s and that would prevent the disconnect issue I would be happy.

1 Like

I would love to try that as well. 1 update a second is fine for me. I only check my usage every 10-15 minutes when stopped for a red light.

1 Like

I was thinking for doing that but wasn’t sure to add it or not. I’ll add it soon.

1 Like

I love it.

I have a feature request if you’re still creating updates!

On my ESC the voltage reading randomly oscillates +/- about 0.6 volts. I know others have the same issue depending on the manufacture. Can you add an option to smooth out the voltage reading with about a 1 sec average? I think that would greatly stabilize the number and improve viewing the app while riding to check battery voltage.

Awesome work!!

Maybe ill add that in the next update!

Minor update is out, adds polling option for Unity users to set their polling rate. Also added button to allow users to load their old trip logs before the update that removed them.

3 Likes

What have been the current polling rate?

Where is this button located? I did the update and I see where to set the polling rate but I see no button.

Downloaded the update and got my old trips back. But they just went to the bottom of my newer trips and are not chronological. No big deal but thought I would let you know.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Reduced updating speed to 1000ms didnt solve the problem

Hey @twan for some reason when I go on longer rides, the app freezes up. It’s not keeping stats when it freezes. When I close out of the app and come back in, the home page keeps my distance, and power usage, but everything else resets. Any idea what’s wrong? It didn’t do this before.

BTW, I don’t have a unity, Tb vesc running 3.34

1 Like

Same here. @twan, when looking at the live data, I can see that the reduced polling works correctly. The live data refresh rate is reduced. However, this unfortunately doesn’t resolve the “freezing” issue on Unity. I also tested the Xmatic on my other board with ESCapes and the Metr module and I cannot reproduce the problem there. Apparently this is specific either to Unity FW or to the BT module it uses. Actually, let me test with Unity and Metr and see if that’s any different.

@twan, so I tested the Unity both with the built-in BT module and with the Metr module. It only freezes with the built-in one. I can consistently reproduce the freezing. It takes anything between 1 and 30 seconds after establishing the connection. With Metr, even after several minutes, everything was still working flawlessly. I tried switching between the built-in BT and Metr a few times and I’m confident the built-in BT is the culprit of the freezing.

Apparently, both restarting Unity or restarting Xmatic resolves the freezing. It looks as thought the BT connection needs to be re-established for things to continue working normally. I hope this will help you to figure it out. Let me know if you need more input.

1 Like

Looks like you’re right, Enertion have acknowledged the issue with the built in module.

3 Likes

Good catch. What @IDVert3X describes in the thread is exactly the same symptoms. @twan, any chance to implement the same kind of workaround that @Deodand has done in the official Unity app? I guess that’s detecting a dropped BT connection and reconnect.

Hi @twan thank you for your app. Your app rocks!

But there are some bugs that is discovered:

1. When i open my saved trip, it opens with strange offset:

IMG_0831

1. I use iphone 6. So when i open antoher app, xmatic can offten stop tracking at all, and lost all info about track. Also when app crashed sometimes it also not saves track, and there no resume option.

For my bicycle riding i use Strava to track my route. Please check their app, they handle great stop and resume action, while app chrashed.

Feature suggest:

1. Do you have backend to store all trips? It looks like no, cause I lost all my trips while upgrade app.
  2. Share function will be great. Check how strava shares trips, for example for instagram. It renders nice pic with stats that you can share in you IG.

Do you plan to develop backend?

In one of the updates he added a small button to get your rides back :slight_smile:

I already try it, and it is not works for me.

1 Like

@twan hey man, any idea why my app keeps freezing? It’s getting frustrating. I don’t have a unity. I have TB vescs on 3.34

I’m afraid I also have issues with Unity and Xmatic. The app seems to stop receiving data when the Unity Bluetooth module receives a voltage spike and only reconnects again when Xmatic is reopened.

If I can provide any data to help solve this issue, let me know.