Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

In the mean time try out those new features :smiley:

1 Like

@twan I can’t man, the app won’t stay open. It keeps crashing, everything was working fine until I tried to set the custom curve. Now the app only stays open for 1 second and then crashes.

1 Like

Fuk yea, thanks Twan!

image image

6 Likes

Will it be possible in future to change the speed via a slow mode profile for a dual setup via the phone when the boards not moving For example when i get pulled over by the police. So to write the profele data to master an slave at once by clicking on the slow mode profile? Is this even possible? Kr so far i love the app

1 Like

App seems to be working for me. No crash on the iPhone 7. I’ll ride it Friday and will report

2 Likes

Will be using iPhone X and raptor 2.1 later today. Will let you know how it goes. Super excited!:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Twan , just sent a file log. I was bench testing Xmatic with a unity. Connected just fine but the telemetry screen froze after a few seconds of throttle. Force closed the app and it did the same thing.

1 Like

I’m getting live data on the app… but in trip logging it’s showing my max speed as 0.1km/h. I could have sworn I went faster than that!

imageimage

3 Likes

Hey hey Just noticed tht it is possible to add different boards but how can i delete a board i added before? Thx

@twan is it also possible that i attach the bluetooth module to the slave vesc and apply the changes of an slow mode to the master vesc when i use the can bus fwd with id 0 (master vesc is id 0)?? kr

Hmmm interesting I’ll take a look at it!

@sharky read faq in the app. And yes as long as you have a can cable you just have to toggle can fwd to write to the other vesc

I think it might just be my phone losing connection with the unity’s Bluetooth module… my board has a carbon fibre skin and my enclosure is carbon fibre so it’s basically a faraday cage.

Download a bluetooth debugging app to your phone that shows the signal strength.

2 Likes

Ah I’m so stoked I got the app update and it is showing correct voltage and registers speed. I am not getting read outs on one of the motors (the one that makes more noise when hand spun) which leads me to believe I blew something out with my “rain skating tests”. Im gonna dive into the app again brbimage

2 Likes

Ok As a noob for the raptor 2.1 if I wanted a somewhat safe yet aggressive mode which is safe enough for say a 3 mile giggity goo (race) what would I set each of these at. Stock battery raptor 2.1 image

I’m having a similar issue as @PickSix24 with Unity. I do get telemetry for a few secs but then it stops working. It’s not like the app freezes. The elapsed time keeps going. It’s more like the app cannot read more data from the Unity. Also, when I switch the Unity off, the app correctly reports that the connection has been lost. When I turn it on again, the app reconnects and can read the telemetry again, but only for a few secs.

4 Likes

@janpom same here

1 Like

Oh this totally describes my issue as well. I thought it was some time out thing that detected when the motors are spinning but the gps registers no movement. Basically I only notice it when bench testing. My phone goes in my bag when I ride. But during bench testing I get speed data from the unity for a couple minutes then nothing… if this is also happening when I ride it explains the weird max speed data.

3 Likes

Hmmm interesting thanks for the feedback I will look further into this issue (think I know why) and come up with a fix. :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah as soon as it gets over just a few mph the signal is dropped. Then as soon as it goes back down Xmatic picks the Bluetooth signal back up again.

2 Likes