Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Hi Twan, im using the vesc bluetooth module (vesc ble uart). When I tested with vesc tool on android it works like a charm! It can read the settings etc. is there a way of correcting the problem?

I’m not quite understanding your question

Im using trampa’s module for the bluetooth. I know that the bluetooth works based on my initial test on vesc tools which is in the android phone. But its not working when using the Xmatic app after the latest version downloaded yesterday. The app keep on searching for a device. Unlike before the version upgrade which is working perfectly. Could you please look into this?

Ah, please enable the nrf button on the Bluetooth setting and restart the app

Hey @twan , for some reason the app seems to always be off on battery percentage. I have a 12s1p Lipo set up. Any idea why the percentage seems to be off by 5-10%? The app seems to think that my battery is at 100% charged at 50.1 volts when it’s actually full at 50.5 or 50.6. Is there a way to change the max charge volts so it knows how full my battery actually is?

I can get it to connect to the focbox unity now but stats don’t show up on the home screen. Like the battery voltage

1 Like

Ok, thats good at least it connects. I will look further to see why theres no stat showing up. Could you show me the screenshot of the stats page? Thanks!

@Jaeson Its because the battery curve is not made for Lipos yet. I will have a custom curve in the next update as well as a curve for lipos. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Oh awesome! That’s good to hear. Other than the battery percentage everything else is amazing! Thanks man, I look forward to the update.

image image

Still showing connecting to VESC.

The Bluetooth module is native and attached to the unity already. I don’t know if I have to do anything in the unity side

@twan Does the UART have to be turned on even though nothing is plugged into it? image

Do you have an extra bluetooth module? If you do enable it and plug n a bluetooth dongle to see what it does. I didnt even know Unity didnt use the UART port for the bluetooth module.

It worked now. Great app by the way. Thanks!

1 Like

What worked now and what combination are you using?

Hey guys! I also get the “connecting to vesc” message. Nothing else is happening tho :stuck_out_tongue:

Minor update is out. Allows for you guys to send me a debug log. Or view the log yourself. To view the log tap on the firmware text.

1 Like

Sorry I had to go ona business trip. When I’m back and if no one has done this for you I can hook one up

1 Like

wow great job!! can you make also an EVO shape… ppleeeaaasseeee!!! :slight_smile:

Mine is not connecting with bluetooth module… is strange… because I had use the beta version at the same mobile… haven’t change anything on the VESC and the app on android is working… but in my iphone is not… it doesn’t connect… have closed all apps … then open the Xmatic… it doens’t show my bluetooth module but it show it as default Device… and the app minimize after 10 seconds… tried with enable the nrf button or disable… restart the app multiple times and also de board… but can’t get it connected. I use my android phone with other app and it works great! Have turn it off … restart the board… .and nothing shows on Xmatic…

Enable nrf. Leave the page. Then restart the app. Make sure it toggle on when you restart the app

1 Like

Tried again, checked the nrf… actually it was checked before, keeps “Searching for device”, strange it shows even my old trips on the beta version, but it doesn’t connect even if I restart it many times. My app on android with ack is working … I have IOS 11.4…and HM10 module. Should I have unistalled the older Beta version before buying this new one?

Forgot to say… the app sometimes is minimizing it self… after few seconds… don’t know why…

Either try uninstalling and reninstalkig the app or update to iOS 12

3 Likes