Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

I do not support the 2.80 FW yet . I will have this in the next update :smile:

3 Likes

Can not wait! Looks nice! If only I had a Mac and could help you in development.

Hey twan!! 1st of all thx for this app works great so far​:+1::+1: I have a question: Im running a dual setup 2fcbxs but im not using the can fwd option. As im planning to make a firefly remote which gas a display that shows me battery speed etc. i want to ask i its possible to connect the bluetooth module to the slave vesc and the firefly receiver to the master vesc I want to get the vesc data on the remote and on the xmatic app Kr

2 Likes

Hi @twan , great work on the app! I have only 1 problem, when I try to write new modes to my focbox it gives an error of: write failed. I get all the needed data so there is communication between my esc and app. When I try to change mode settings via the eSkate app it works, so I think it is because of the app. hope you can help me (and maybe others) thanks!

@twan any plans to add a Apple Watch “complication”? I’d love it if I could quick link to the watch app, from my watch face.

Hi Guys I have a iPhone and installed Xmatic. It’s great but:

1. There is a problem in the duration. It is always more than the actual ride (like 20% more). It’s a bit frustrating. Anybody know why / how to resolve this?
  2. I am not sure what the average speed means. Is it the average speed when on movement only? Because it is definitively not the overall average speed (it does not reconcile with the duration and the length of the ride). Thanks all and Tuan for your insights! Cheers

@sharky yess thats possible, your fireflay will just get data from master while vesc is getting data from slave. that is no problem.

@georgev what fw version are you on? I think my app has problems writing config on 2.xx versions

@phil.scott im not sure by what you mean “complication”? could you elaborate

@Lovemylacroix what fw are you running?

Update: I have some extra modules (complete modules, plug and play) laying around if anyone needs a bluetooth module I have some for $15 dollars shipped, just send $15 paypal.me/twan503 if you need some.

Also next update will come soon, sorry for delay been busy with work.

1 Like

@twan A complication is just a widget on the face of the Apple Watch. So any of the widget-like functionality in the 4 corners of the watch face; The date display on the watch face; or any of the quick-access links on the watch face. These are all called complications.

As far as I can tell, there isn’t a complication for Xmatic. It seems like Apple allows developers to opt into super functional complications/widgets, that have extended quick glance functionality (like the weather app I use is always updating and displaying the current temperature) . Or, you can opt into the basic functionality, which is just a quick link that you can add to the face of your watch.

All I’d like to see is just the quick link style complication/widget added, just so I can quickly open Xmatic from my watch face.

Hi Twan The fw version is 2.18.

It will void Raptor 2 varranty, if we replace module. Can not wait for update for fw v.2.80

Agreed with the few peeps above, haven’t sid anything thinking it would have happened by now but REALLY looking forward to my Raptor 2 being able to work with the app @twan

When are you thinking you are going to be able to do this by chance?

Thanks in advance for all your hard work and keep up the hustle my man!

Trying to configure to the Xmatic app and its flashing “Connecting to Vesc”. I’ve soldered the hm-10 and have UART set to 9600. Any thoughts?

IMG_5618

I am able to connect to bluetooth but it just flashes “connecting to vesc” where it says firmware on your image.

I’m still having issues with this. Same thing, connected to Bluetooth. Metr app works fine, however Xmatic app won’t connect.

Is Metr similar to Xmatic?

I found it. I’m thinking maybe one of the settings I have is causing it not to connect.

I had blinking light issue. Thought it was due to outdated firmware for BTO5 or wires wrong. I could not find the Bluetooth device on my phone. Once I completed the settings in Xmatic App, specifically the CAN fwd etc it worked. Light went from flashing to on.

image image

1 Like

I had the same issue but when I check my cable connector to my VESC I realised that I didn’t fully plug it in. The HM10 have power and full red static light and Bluetooth paired but kept searching for device. I reckon somehow the TX/RX cable may not have good contact. After securely plugging it in, data works!

Hope this helps!

Can someone post a screenshot for Dual VESC split data if available, I would like to see a side by side of Master and Slave VESC temp and amp.

Is this even possible?