Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

ah yesss, I forgot to fix that. I will add that feature to customize the battery levels in the next update.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! When riding all I care about is distance and some way to estimate my current range.

On the watch it would be great to change what is shown.

I would prefer to have battery percentage, mah used or wh, distance and wh/km. And i’m sure its different for others :smile:

@twan Sweet! However I can’t see / install the Apple Watch App… Just today I picked up my Apple watch replacement at the apple store (the glass seperated from the watch) and I configured it as a new watch… All works perfect but the xmatic WatchApp does not show up. I also activated the “AppleWatch” option in the xmatic IOS app. Any idea what might be wrong?

I use a Apple Watch 1.Gen Cheers!

Update: Uninstalled the App … fresh downloaded it from the AppStore. Nothing… Also tried to turn the phone and watch on and off. The WatchApp does not show up :-/

1 Like

@twan Hello! Love the app - my phone got smashed in a recent mishap with a car, on my Lacroix, so I need to re-register on my new phone, in TestFlight. Seems like https://betatestesk8.herokuapp.com might be down? Or, I’m dumb and looking in the wrong place for a new key. Could you point me in the right direct? Thanks!

What watchOS are you on?

@phil.scott just search on app store for vesc and you’ll see it.

You need to find xmatic in the Watch app. And make sure it’s set to “show on apple watch”

@twan : I use WatchOS 4.3.2 (15U70) - This is the most recent version for the Original Apple Watch - my Watch does no longer support WatchOS 5

@ankjaers : I know how to install Apps to the Watch. Go to the Apple “Watch”-App and install the apps from the list of available WatchApps. However Xmatic does not show up there. :wink:

Same issue here… I even have the Apple Watch option toggled ON within the app.

Everything iOS is up to date.

image image image

@twan Found it. I didn’t realize you’d come off beta. Thanks for the hard work!

I’m having the same issue with the Gen 1 Apple Watch w/ watchOS 4.3.2 (15U70)

Guessing all Apple Watch gen 1 users are out of luck for using this?

My mistake guys. I think I left the watch on watchos 5 I’ll fix this soon to support older watch os.

2 Likes

Merci! twan… you are da best! This rather simple data display should not require the most recent watch hardware :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Last evening I was trying to push my max distance. I had an app crash after 17km. When opening the app I could see it had crashed or killed. But my ride data apart from used MAH was gone :frowning:

1 Like

Was this added? I run split PPM so I really want a “double data” feature. I was told the metr app would not get it. And I don’t want to run CAN bus.

EDIT:

Sorry, found the update. Awesome!

1 Like

How to reset these values? It seemed to reset itself last time when I fully charged my battery, but now it doesn’t do that anymore.

Those values are saved on the board. If you want those values reseted you have to restart your board

Oh… so is it possible to save certain things on the board like odometer? I really like that Boosted has a odometer and doesn’t require connecting to an app to track how far you’ve ridden your board.

Same happened to me but i realized that i didn’t pressed a start button :smiley:

No it’s not possible. It’s how the vesc is programed unfortunately. But the app does track total mileage if you track your trips.

1 Like

I plugged the HM-10 into the master vesc, and I set the slave ID like this. This is good for CAN forwarding am I right? image