Xiaomi m365 changing bms

Update: After flashing BMS107.bin using the m365 downG app for experimenting reasons the scooter is now beeping 2 times long and 2 times short. This is the “bad bms password” error code. Strange. After flashing back BMS115.bin (the one I had before) same beep sounds… I checked the battery connections and bms board, seems to look good.

What I noticed when flashing is that at 97% the scooter turns off, than after 2 seconds the m365 downG app goes to 100% and says done. I suspected bad firmware flashing but for this guy it shows the same behavior in his video so I guess it’s fine.

For those who have a clone bms board from aliexpress that are dealing with my described error code you can use this app together with the modified BMS115 firmware to force write the correct uid. CAUTION: Don’t use the app you find on google play, otherwise you will brick your bms! This is a modified app and modified BMS115 just for the described error code. It worked for me.

2 Likes

Hi friends. I have realy rare problem with my m365 BMS. The BMS works and reports unbalanced cells. BMS reports: cells 1-8 are 3.95V, cell 9 is 4.1 and cell 10 is 3.65V. The problem is, that the realy voltage on the cells (measured by voltmeter) is the same about 3.95V. So the battery is balanced, but BMS reports bad values. Have someone an idea? Thank you very much

3 Likes

Thank you for your bms fw. I had same problem when I changed BMS.

1 Like

I also replaced my dead m365 BMS with an AliExpress part and everything initially worked OK until the user (a family member who wishes to remain anonymous) decided to upgrade the firmware to 152 which triggered the 2-2 error.

Since the base post is more than one year old (April 2018) I just would like to be sure that this fix still works without any unwanted side-effects. It just resets the “BMS password” I hope, nothing else?

Hello guys, my batteries are working fine. Since i have 2 M365, have any of you tried to change it for 12S battery? And which BMS did you use? If not, what do you think about that idea?

Motor side no problem, but you will play to the Russian roulette when connect 12s to the esc, maybe magic smoke happens, usually 1s more convenient to not reaching the limits.

I have the same 2-2 bms password issue after updating to firmware 1.5.2. With a xiaomi m365 scooter but with a different battery since the original one was not working. How can i solve this step by step?

I downloaded the tools “chickengun” mentioned in his May 8 post but it did not work. The com.m365downgrade-v7_PATCHED_BMS.apk app connects to the scooter and is able to retrieve its status but the BMS115fix.bin flash process stalls after 2% and exits after 10 retries.

Here you go.

Botox did a 12s4P upgrade with a flashable 12s BMS.

Here The Link to his github Project page: https://github.com/BotoX/xiaomi-m365-compatible-bms

And here some pics of his battery: https://cloud.botox.bz/apps/gallery/s/94drnBJfjacBDnr

1 Like

Hello, excuse me, I have the same concerns as the previous messages… 2bips long, 2 short beeps. Have solutions been found since? thank you so much for any information !

Regards

I have same issue. Have you found out what was that?

I know this is months old and you probably won’t see this but I just wanted to say thank you because this fixed my error 22 that I was trying to figure out for two weeks. I’ve never had sexual thoughts towards a man before but you’ve come the closest…

1 Like

On the BMS board is a micro reset button located near the top. No need to remove water seal. just pierce the seal near the button and press it. I used a micro screwdriver for this. a cocktail stick or similiar should give enough leverage to press it. Afterwards you should get a slow flashing blue LED after reset. If it flashes red, there remains some other BMS issue that requires further investigation.

Put the original battery back in. Then diagnose from there.