Xerxes 4x6374 12s6p 41" beast

Oh darn. Oh yeah mega kilo giga tera peta. Thanks for the correction! I suppose If I really had Gigawatts, It would be hard to stay on the ground lol.

1 Like

20190304_154403

Check those things out! Nice solid connection between the board and trucks.

4 Likes

Nice build man. Yeah 4wd 6374 can be a handful so much so that it’s not even fun to ride till you get used to the power it’s down right scary, if you blip the throttle by accident you will be sent into hyper space.

1 Like

Those don’t look half bad! :smile: Looks like you got everything squished in there. Nice job! I was a little skeptical.

1 Like

gigawatts would be enough to vaporize the board and the rider!

1 Like

Update, now rolling with @psychotiller motors. Torqueboards motors are a great product, however psychotiller’s motors are quieter, dramatically more efficient and in my opinion sound cooler. With a max input of 65amps they put out an astonishing 3520W per motor. That means this board has a max power output of 14,080W!

7 Likes

20190327_183251

6 Likes

Thought it might be helpful to do a run through on some of the construction and vesc settings.

The battery plugs Into a custom made five way parallel Xt90 connector which has the following connections:

1. battery with 10awg silicone wire
  2. back master FVESC
  3. back slave FVESC
  4. front single parallel connector 10awg silicone wire.
  5. 20A 5V step-down for future lighting and data logging systems

The front master and slave vescs hook up to the front single parallel connector

The front pair of 6.6 FVESCs are canbus linked to each other

The back pair of 6.6 FVESCs are canbus linked to each other

The receiver is connected to both the front and back master Vescs through a Y connector (thanks @mccloed) which runs front to back under the battety

Connecting the FVESCs like this allows you to have vesc settings that are specific to front and rear. It also allows for the use of traction control which is one of the cool features available on 6.6 vescs

Front vesc settings: Motor max. 65A Battery max: 30A Max regen: - 30A Max battery regen. - 6A

Rear vesc settings: Motor max. 65A Battery max: 30A Max regen: - 20A Max battery regen. - 6A

This means that the total battery draw and regen are 120A and 24A respectively. Also note how front brakes are stronger than rear as they should be.

Battery details: 12s6p LG-2 18650 cells arranged in a roughly square trapezoidal brick with a Bestech charge only BMS assembled by @psychotiller.

Battery cover: psychotiller’s Xerxes

Motor details: 190kv Idle Current: 0.8A Max. Current: 65A Input Volt.: 2‐12s Lipo Max. Output Watt: 3520W Max. Pull: 9700g (@psychotiller correct me if I’m wrong)

Motor mounts: torqueboards two piece version with inrunner brackets.

Motor gears are 16Tx36T torqueboards ABEC drive I also have sets of 14T and 20T motor gears. Waiting on 390mm belts for the 20T, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t somewhat hesitant to use them.

Belts are 280mm 15mm wide

Wheels: genuine ABEC 11 107mm

Bearings: Zealous built ins

Trucks use torqueboards 218 hangers on genuine caliber 2 baseplate 50° front 44° back with riptide tunnel risers, riptide 93 cup bushings, riptide chubby KRANK bushings with dual flat washers. 84 over 87, or 87 over 90 for a stiffer option. I also cut off the portion of the stock caliber two lower bushings that inserts into the hanger, and placed it between the other two bushings for added stability. At some point I’ll upgrade to precision washers. Although the new trucks that @psychotiller is developing may be just too cool to pass up.

Griptape: full coverage Vicious

Deck: Madrid paddle board, a symmetrical double kick 41x9.5" stiff deck with simple and functional radial concave.

Rear light/grab handle: Blitzu off Amazon

Bluetooth interface: dual Metre Pro’s

Those cool x brackets on top were provided by @mccloed

Everything inside is hot glued down, as are all connections.

There’s no switch, I use an Xt90 loop key with 10awg wire for better reliability and efficiency

10 Likes

This is a bad ass build!!! :exploding_head: Great job!!!

2 Likes

Build update. I’m now running dual Metr Pro’s one for the Front master vesc, the other for the back master vesc. I don’t think I’ll be able to record at the same time (unless I use two phones,) but it will be great to be able to change all my vescs’ settings from my phone. I’ve changed my settings too. Front brakes are -40 back are - 35.

1 Like

Build update, put on the 20T motor gears and I really like them! Top speed, on paper is now 51mph, I’ve gotten it up to 42 briefly but I’d say about 35 is plenty fast for me at this point. The thing I like about the bigger motor gears is that I can go 35 and not be full throttle. Also the braking and acceleration is smoother. Had to up the brakes by 10 amps to compensate for the bigger gears.

Have you thought about lowering the rear truck angle to give yourself a bit more room in the higher speeds before you’ll experience any sort of wobble?

I have, the front is 50, back is 44. Definitely made a difference.

Have you gone full throttle yet? Whats the top speed for that bad boi?