Www.psychotiller.com BLACK FRIDAY Mic Drop

heres just a quick screen shot of some stuff i got laying around… this is a 10s4p… and the 5 cells would represent another 20 cells worth… so… so far 60cells!

Capture%20_2019-01-06-10-19-48

3 Likes

It’s going to be a tough fit if you’re board has any concave. Most boards aren’t a flat surface. That takes up volume you are going to need with that double stack.

2 Likes

yeah i dont…yet… it was an impulse buy for some build i dont know about yet lol… I placed it on this drop deck i have to see how it fit… but need a bit more space between the drop area for it to fit nicely… and yes the gap on the side from a concave is huge… Im trying to figure a way to run some type of “gap” rail down the sides of the enclosure (or deck) to offset the concave if I wanted to go that route…

1 Like

A dense foam rail will work. Or reconfigure to a flat pack. I’ve installed a couple of batteries and enclosures. Trust me.

9 Likes

ROFL, I’m a fan of sarcasm :grinning:

4 Likes

You got me…Only one enclosure

4 Likes

@deucesdown how do you like the predator hubs overall? And did u use their esc? I have a set in my garage that I’ve never hooked up. I like the idea of using them on a small cruiser.

Great work!

@CamBo I’m running the groupbuy esc+motors+remote. They’ve been great. Very low stress install, and very easy day-to-day.

I’m not gonna lie, it’s not a speed demon, but top speed is around 25mph, and it’s very smooth both acceleration and braking. Brakes are strong enough and smooth easy response. Great for a mellower more normal ride, unlike my normal rides, which always have a bit of “I might die today” feel.

Remote is fantabulous.

Since the escs are max 24a combined, can use a very modest pack to feed them.

4 Likes

You guys, this is all your fault. I’m officially jumping on the Spudtrain. Well, kinda. I saw this at my local Ace Hardware’s little corner Skate shop and couldn’t resist grabbing it.

Looks like a Flagship v2 from @psychotiller is going to need to happen.

7 Likes

@DerelictRobot some tkp surf-rodz would fit on there beautifully .:wink:

4 Likes

I hate you.

Why are you like this?

I’m not saying you’re wrong, you’re just an asshole.

7 Likes

Esk8 parts pusher lol

Come try mine out. You’ll love them

1 Like

@DerelictRobot get @psychotiller send me the enclosure first with the rest of an order I put in.

I will skin it in CF to make her tough and pretty and send it to you.

Just get me on the beta list for a remote!

5 Likes

How hard is it to skin it? Is it worth it?

1 Like

Not hard at all. Even a giant man child can do it. Absolute sarcasm. It’s a damn hard process that you will always f up your first time. Takes mad patience and eye for detail. Send it to the @Sender

6 Likes

It is like anything. Many small steps affect success greatly. Hard to get right only doing one or 2. But much easier as you get experience.

Is it worth it? I dunno, probably not to do it yourself if you only plan on doing one. But to me it looks amazing. Adds a lot of depth to a build over many enclosures available.

It also adds a shitload of robustness. I wouldn’t feel confident building electronics into an enclosure on ABS alone (I would deck mount components and use the enclosure as a dust shield essentially.) However, CF skinned ABS is tough as shit, and can take hard ass knocks all day… fine for components mounted in the enclosure itself.

For the robustness and looks I would say it is worth it all day even though not cheap to get someone else to do it and not particularly easy if you go at it yourself.

TLDR. Yes; worth it.

5 Likes

Dude is that a original Scott oster Dogtown deck or reprint? If it’s og don’t skin it as that will be a sin if it’s reprint then go ahead

1 Like

Hah, I appreciate the consideration but I’m not a complete savage.

It’s one of these: https://dogtownskateboards.com/products/dogtown-reissue-scott-oster-skateboard-deck-10-375-x-31-gloss-black?variant=12481671622

My local Ace Hardware is owned/operated by a bunch of older skaters and they keep a really well stocked skateshop corner. Picked this up for a steal.

3 Likes

Still waiting on communication about my Black Friday order :confused:

Ok good I was going to say I will make you a board to replace it if it was og you