WTS: PCB based Firefly Remotes

I feel like a simpleton but which receiver is this designed to pair with?

I filled the form!! Just to mention there is no option for ppm Vesc6.4 which is JST.

at this point i cant give you an info about lead time i dont want to promise false time frame shipping is not under my control and because of that im still waiting for the pcbs which they must have arrived this week. receivers are there between the pictures in the first post. @Kit yea when i start building i will contact you for the confirmation of selections etc and send you invoice only when its ready and tested. @Surfer oh ok i didnt know i ll make sure to add that do you know the pitch of that jst type?

If memory serves me correctly I can use this remote on multiple boards as long as I have the receivers to pair it to is that correct? If so Iā€™ll need to order 2 remotes and 3 receivers. Iā€™ll need a remote and then my son will need a remote plus I have another board Iā€™ll need to use my remote with. I filled out the form but it doesnā€™t give a selection for multiple remotes and receivers. I know you canā€™t guarantee lead times on shipping but do you know if the remotes will take 1 week, 2 weeks etcā€¦ to make? Thank you so much for making these for us.

Yes of course as long as you have the same pipe on receivers and the remote you can use your remote with many boards. Problem is those pcbs took very long time to arrive. Shipping company despatched it to overseas on 11/9 and it is yet to arrive. In the meantime I had another battery pcb order on 29/09 and it just arrived today. I guess itā€™s lost or something. I ve got no patience god knows when they gonna arrive so Iā€™m gonna make another order with DHL delivery at least they say itā€™s 3-4 days delivery.

1 Like

OK well count me in for 2 remotes and 3 receivers. The order form doesnā€™t clarify if I would need multiple items. Thanks for everything.

1 Like

Would you be able to tell me around where I am on the ordering list?

Any updates? Really looking forward to getting my remote!

1 Like

Sorry to bug you but I would also like to know where I am on the list. I just ordered it and Iā€™m completing my build over winter so it would be good for my planning to figure out when Iā€™m roughly going to have all the bits together and ready. Iā€™m really happy I found this thread though, this remote is precisely what Iā€™ve been looking for!

This design heā€™s doing is so much more well designed internally. I had a kit for this remote, and when I saw all the work Iā€™d have to do, and the crazy amount of wires that had to be routed everywhere I said fuck it and I sold that right as this design came out. Perfect timing I must say!

Iā€™m curious as well

image This is the current build guys. I know itā€™s moving slowly but god damn design evolves literally everyday :slight_smile: there are things I added which are not even present in the picture but mostly internal design will be like this with battery on top. Itā€™s connector is jst ph 2.0

12 Likes

Looking clean and tidy.

1 Like

Hi Zyb, just an idea to reach more tastes, I did used this remote and really miss a short throw option on the thumb wheel. Some people love the long travel response and some other like me prefer a short travel. Maybe can you provide another thumb wheel with holes for the magnets more close to each other? Btw thatā€™s already sooo sick!!

Canā€™t wait. This is damn clean looking.

Hi @Zyb, Just wanted to confirm I am on the list please?

Howā€™s the parts acquisition coming along?

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m new here so I was wondering if your version of the Firefly remote is compatible with the new focbox unity

1 Like

It would be fine with the Unity. You just hook up the receiver and pair them I believe.

1 Like

When do you think youā€™ll be in place to sell these again? Iā€™m doing a build over winter just now and Iā€™m getting close to needing a remote for it. Iā€™ve already submitted an order a while ago but I see that everything is on hold - just looking for a rough idea when things will be moving.

The work youā€™ve done is fantastic by the way.