WTS: PCB based Firefly Remotes

Form is up guys i hope i didnt miss anything i will check back tomorrow. first come first served according to the order completion date and time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got a kit from @SeeTheBridges for the Firefly remote and am wondering how yours differs from hisā€¦? It seems like your design with the PCBā€™s and nrf and separate or external antennas is more reliable. Love the finished quality of your 3d prints :heart_eyes: Also, you mention just EU shipping, so would it be possible to get this in the US (without battery I imagine)?

You can still use his version itā€™s totally ok I just made some more mods upgraded some components etc to suit my needs. It is possible to send it to US I mentioned it in shipping section tho thereā€™s an updateā€¦ I see most of the people want it without a battery. Currently you have to remove the top cover, remove the pcb from the shell, prepare the battery with supplied jst 1.25 cable, put everything back and done. I switched places of most of the components so arduino and nrf is under the pcb and battery/5v boost is on top now. Also battery connector is jst ph 2.0 now because I noticed most of the batteries comes with that connector. Installing a battery will be a matter of removing the top cover plug in the battery connector and done. Putting arduino under the pcb increased the clearance and blocked the trigger motion so I had to make a cutout for it too. Also added pre drilled holes for fixing the pcb down instead of drilling them manually. Thereā€™s another version I did with tp4056 and 5v booster and external lm1117 3.3v chip see how they will turn out. Pcbs already ordered so I ll have to delay your remotes sorry for the inconvenience but Iā€™m trying to make it better in some areas :slight_smile: also ordered more parts waiting on them aswell.

3 Likes

Is it possible to only buy the pcb?

3 Likes

After using firefly remote for two weeks of commuting, thereā€™s a weakness that havenā€™t been discussed. The cylinders (bar) that hold the spring tensioner and trigger both broke on mine from seethebridges version. I think it needs to be a lot stronger. Iā€™m gonna try to put metal pins, rods there. If you want to improve the quality of your remote, pls consider this.

1 Like

I have done the remote on an complete Version with bearingsā€¦ i also replaced that weak part with an steel screw hole. image image

3 Likes

could be from the quality of the print also he was using pla to print his versions. abs is much stronger and tolerant to bending never had an issue with mine. tho before i started to print them myself i was using print services to get couple of samples and pieces were literally falling off of the remote. obviously they had some layer adhesion problems that may cause it too. @pjotr47 as long as theres no order to fulfill of course its possible to get the pcbs tho im still waiting for the new version. could be other iterations too as im thinking to add some other functionalities but that for another time :smiley:

edit: btw if you can print the bottom part its very easy to implement those metal pins and it will indeed be very strong. you just need to hollow places where those bars are gonna go in and some 4mm diameter pins. let me know if you need help with modifying the stl file.

1 Like

Pm send .

Gr sam

Hi, Im trying to order the remote, but I have some questions. I will be using two of these. collections/esc-speed-controller/products/torque-esc-bldc-electronic-speed-controller . When ordering, what option should I choose when it comes to the UART and PPM page?

1 Like

Hey, had a minor accident couldnā€™t reply earlier. So you need to select male ppm cable and jst ph 4 pin for uart.

Thank you, hope everything is okey with you, cant wait for the remote :slight_smile:

You ok bro? Pics looked pretty gnarly, lol.

1 Like

Yea near miss :sweat_smile: going to have a functional hand in couple of days I hope waiting for the new pcbs anyway canā€™t progress without them

1 Like

Yea thanks Iā€™m fine tho I learned a lot from that fall :sweat_smile: could have been a lot worse

Are you still making it? Can I order it now?

Planning to but the thing is I designed it from scratch for the second time and it all depends if the new pcb is functional which Iā€™m expecting them this weekā€¦ hopefully :grin: got 2 versions with different component combinations. I ll have to test them all

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s awesome! Keep us posted :grin:

And there are some key mechanical durability improvements coming on I ll have more info when parts arrive.

1 Like

I need 2 to 3 of these remotes. Whatā€™s the lead time to make and ship to the USA. I can source the battery stateside. Iā€™ll need some remotes in 2 to 3 weeks. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Order submitted! I donā€™t mind waiting for a bit while parts are tested, everything looks fantastic & it can only get better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:; will you be able to notify the payee via email before beginning work on their order?