WTB -(US) Drive System for MBS Wheels

I am in need of the following drive items adopted for mount to the MBS wheels. It can be either belt or chain drive components. I aiming doing dual drive so they have to be identical. Looking for both motor gear or sprocket, wheel drive gear or sprocket, chain or belt.

Please let me know if you have something or can direct me prefer US source first however if unavailable I have found in Europe.

IMG_0144(1)

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Like

Hey there

Check these out

1 Like

You can talk to @JLabs, he printed wheel pulleys for me, standard motor pulleys are all you need and then belts to fit the motor mounts you use.

EDIT: Also, @GrecoMan printed me a set but I haven’t used them yet.

2 Likes

Thanks mmaner,

You know a source for chain drive components?

Kevin

I dont, Im not a fan of chain drive. I like the sound BLDC makes but a chain drive is just too loud for me. Belt Drive or Gear Drive FTW.

2 Likes

I second that. I’m now getting back to belts on my latest dirt build.

1 Like

Awww, I feel like a grown up now when @okp agrees with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys for a belt dual drive system what gearing ratio makes senses? I will be driving with 6374 190kv motors. I am about 200lbs and want a system with torque and 25mph.

Thanks,

Kevin

On more thing it needs to have safe / good breaking…

62-65 tooth Wheels pulleys, 15t motor pulleys. That’s the accepted standard. Brakes are controlled via the programming.

Thanks I have two Focbox I will program for control…

I would start with Battery Min at -20 and then move up or down from there, just experiment.

I find it’s easiest to leave the USB cables attached, hanging out of the enclosure. Just leave the lid loose on the side where they exit so you can pull them out and then push them back in when you are testing. Then when you are happy remove them all together.

There’s always the option of panel mounting USB connectors so you always have config access. This one I designed to be 3d printed. Let me know if you want it and ill send you the STL.

Thanks running a 10S5P battery system The idea of keeping the UBS cables accessible during tuning process makes so much sense. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I think there is a place in France that does the full dive in chain and sporket I had a link before I’ll look for it It’s on my old laptop I’ll dig it out later

1 Like

yeah got few in stock

https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/kit-transmission-chaine/

1 Like