WTB brushed DC motor

I think that’s going to be a common issue you’ll find with brushed motors. They’re generally bigger and bulkier.

The one I have is about 2.8 in in diameter

1 Like

I have the mounting system, but the trucks are weird af

The diameter is kinda important, its for a college commuter and electric vehicles are very illegal so it kinda has to look skateboard like, which are only slightly illegal

TKP, RKP, or fixed?

I’ll send a pic in a min

1 Like

Umm…what is that…its backwards

No, it’s a rock truck, that’s how they are made, it’s actually a really comfy ride

I’m googling them and all i get is “how to rock and roll a skateboard”… do they handle like other trucks? Like deck roll and turning radius?

Yes, they are good for carving

Good for dodging people and making sharp turns?

1 Like

Just general brushed info to consider,

I wouldn’t trust watt rating on motors, there’s a reason the brushed motors everyone here use ls are voltage rated, not watt.

You want to look at the rpm rating instead. Since P = I*V, Watt rating would change wildly with applied voltage.

For example, a 36v motor ran on a 36v battery with a set watt rating will be exactly as fast as a 24v motor ran on a 24v battery with the same watt rating. The difference in that equation would be the amp draw is lower in the 36v system.

Here are a few brushed motor calculators that will help

https://www.electricscooterparts.com/motor-power-calculator.html

https://electricscooterparts.com/motorwheelgearratio.html

So I’m not sure what the ESC I’m running (karam’s old metroboard from 2013?) will do to protect the motor and battery. All I know is I’m running a 10s2p LittoKita 30Q which will start to break down above 10A per cell. Should it be okay to plug it into the ESC and let it go or will that just set it on fire?

I do have an esc with the motor I have but it’s weird af

Better or worse than the metroboard’s?

Better in some ways but bigger

How much bigger? I’ve got lots of length but not a lot of width or height, its gonna sit on top of on of the battery sides (BMS/loopkey/reciever sit on the other side of the battery)

This bigimage

Thats a chunky one…more or less than 1.25"x3"x7"?