WTB airless DiYeboard AT wheels

Looking to buy! the airless AT wheels they use to sell on the DIYEBOARD site that they now only sell on the kit. If anyone has some laying around they want to get rid of please let me know. Located in the US

@mmaner or @Sender i feel like ive seen a set in the background of some of your shop pictures.

2 Likes

I have the tires I’ll sell for $20 but they don’t have rims. They fit all the cheap ones on eBay/AliExpress

PM me if interested

3 Likes

I’ve got a couple of used sets but I wouldn’t feel comfortable selling them.

3 Likes

I had these wheels and still do they arent safe at speed.

I have them in a box. You can see the gap between the tire and wheel while riding its scary.

1 Like

I just got a set of these, they seem to be well built

5 Likes

Are they that bad?

At speed they look like they deform and are just a shitty wheel in general. I had a set for a few weeks and the wobble is crazy.

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate the response, any recommendations by any chance? I’ve got the diyeboard 10s5p dual belt but realizing my shitty roads in Maine don’t handle these small 83mm wheels well and figured AT would be the way to go.

I concur with what @KaramQ said, the wheels are just unstable at high speeds, and the overall ride can be impacted negatively as a result.

That being said, they do have a chat feature on their website where you can try and ask if they will sell the wheels separate.

Keeping in mind that they are banned from the forum, I am in no way affiliated with DIYeboard, recommending business, or promoting their products, just trying to provide honest (and hopefully helpful) information.

1 Like

All terrain wheels will sacrifice your range. I know how bad roads in Michigan are, if you want a decent wheel, look into the bergmiesters sold by timo at haggy boards

Understandable. I have tried to reach out to them to buy them separately but have not gotten any responses. I bought the kit second hand barely used and it works for everything I need it for and to get me into this hobby and the modifications have begun as well. But I’ve read a lot of the horror stories for sure.

2 Likes

Don’t buy from this company. They’re products are not only cheap, but are dangerous as fuck. Not to mention they will post your credit card info, address, phone number, ect… online.

Just buy something like these from @dickyho on the forum. https://www.ebay.com/itm/F0-fast-pneumatic-6X2-150mm-inflatable-tyre-wheel-for-electric-longboard/303070670612?hash=item46906b6f14:m:mg_cxN-lmDKY7IaACePKCYQ&var=602004286969

5 Likes

Appreciate the recommendation I’ll look into these! They look solid. I’m okay with the range taking a hit as I live within 5miles of anything and everywhere I want to ride ATM. I’m from Michigan originally so I do know the roads are similar but with Maine much more construction and road debris that have made for a rough ride. Hard decision after researching seeing people say you can’t ungrade these kits much

Was just going to mention @dickyho sells some nice stuff

2 Likes

It will take a big hit to your range, you’ll probably get about 7-10 miles with the all terrain. It’s so worth it though

2 Likes

Jesus that’s good to know! Thanks for the info. I’ve read a lot of great things of him researching so I’ll take a look. Thank you sir!

2 Likes

Those airless tires are only good if you’re above like 185lbs. Lower than that, and at 23mph they literally deform off the rims too easily, and even if you are heavy enough you must ziptie them anyway. They are also horribly inefficient, they take off 60% range compared to street (Normal pnumatics take off 40-50 and you can use higher PSI to gain some of that back). The L-Faster alibaba tires are excellent, you can actually feel them warm up and begin to grip/carve better. Highly recommend you grab dickyho’s pulley setup & tires and give them a try, although it looks like you will.

I’ve new never used tires. No hubs tho. I’m in eu

I got a set airless tires and hub. Pm if interested