WR board build... 75mph

chromoly steel is hardest steel u will get. u need really good carbide drill bit to work with. don’t think it will be a problem as long as it doesn’t oscillate

.065" bout 1.7mm thick… got a good shot of the motor mount in action on a 10400w setup. I’m not concerned a bit… https://youtu.be/R0Y0-aL2cmU

5 Likes

I was half expecting you to catch up with one of those bikes! Insane sounding setup.

1 Like

Laying out electronics. Will be on a plastic slide tray and be inside the monocoque chasis hidden away. Incorperating 4130 plate gusseting and pick up points… one nut and the front axle assembly swings away to access electronics tray…

![IMG_20180529_075233|430x500](upload://gCwDq5aHPRvHZb57tKC9pkRaZC7 .jpg)

20 Likes

Multistar Lipos :scream: But I believe you know what you’re doing :wink:

05 PM Good stuff.

2 Likes

Using the multistar as a mock up . Battery will be 8ah 8s 100c.

5 Likes

How did you fit 2x56mm wide esc inside a box tube with 100mm OD? I’m thinking if you cut the flanges in a L shape, remove some parts top and bottom, bolt them together with 6 instead of 8 screws… sounds crazy, look at two x Lx side by side :crazy_face:

You nailed it. Didn’t need to cut the L mount… flipped one upside down and they clicked together and formed a brick.

how about air flow? I was thinking you might need to cut a exhaust for the esc fan through the box tube/deck either up or down?

Box tube is open ended. Shouldn’t be running more than 20 seconds at a time. If heat looks like it may be an issue during testing it will be addressed.

Nice pics but I would be afraid of this beauty falling from the stool by accident :fearful:

1 Like

You know this board is going to make the ground her bitch, why are you so concerned about the ground’s well-being?

8 Likes

Motors locked and boxed… ties the motor plates and motors. Taking advage of the Inrunner design.

25 Likes

Ordered 50’ 8ga wire. Went to wire up the harness and the joke was on me… CCA aka copper clad aluminum. Joke was on me, 50’ of junk… Live and learn. I’m glad this didn’t take solder cause it has crap ampacity and I never would have known it… https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkpXulg2Qk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1bqkuiu6prjo5

6 Likes

wow that’s next level esk8… can u even call is skate it’s more of a racing board.

Whats wrong with ur 8 gage I didnt get it?

Its fake!! Crappy aluminum

5 Likes

ah gatcha!

looking SAF MoeBro :smiling_imp:

Where did you order it from?

Where all things that are too good to be true come from. China if course. They would probably wind motors with this if they could get solder to stick to it. Took the WR board for a short up & back ride last night. Mod 1.5 gears are quieter than I thought. The reduced steering ratio will need some ride time to get used to. Overall it’s rolls smooth and straight. Today will find some smooth asphalt and stretch it out a bit.

28 Likes