Wowgo 2s esc with Maytech hub help

Man, do you still really don’t know why your wowgo esc doesn’t work with maytech hubs? You got the answer in the 1st reply from detroitwheelin. Your battery is like an water tank, and the esc is a smart water-tap which is controlling the power injected in the motor. Now your hubs are asking for 800w each as power, the esc power output is limited at 425w, that’s far below 800w. You’d better do some homework, at least read the data sheet of the products before ordering them.

1 Like

Just so others who read this know, the wowgo 2s esc, meepo v2 esc, verrol ect all use a Hobbywing produced esc the same as the exway esc just numbed down. They are programmed for the motors that they ship with the board they sell them as a replacment for there board. These esc use FOC similar to the vesc. It is not like a normal esc that you can connect any motor and it works by just adjusting the timing settings.

It would be like doing a motor detection on a vesc for a 5065 150kv motor and then plugging in a 6355 190kv motor. The motor resistance and inductance is completely different so the FOC algarithums will not works correctly and could damage your motors.

Also the esc has been programmed for a specific hall sensor order and placement with in the motor if you do not get this right it will not spin the motor correctly. You have 3 phase wires and 3 hall sensors there a lot of combinations to try.

2 Likes

Can someone explain how to switch the phase wires? I have a wowgo esc and would like to switch the direction of one wheel. Please walk me through how to do so and I will buy you a beer! I am capable but not well versed in wiring/electronics.

If you have 1 wheel turning in the wrong direction, just switch any 2 of the 3 motor wires (green,yellow, blue wires) then it should run in the correct direction :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. I wouldn’t need to mess with any of the hall sensor wires? Which look to have at least a can bus looking/style connector.

If they spins just fine and only have a reversed direction then yeap, no need to mess with the hall sensors cables :slight_smile:

I think you just need to try out different hall sensor configuration. Just like I did in this post

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=98771#p1457184

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=98771#p1457197

Basically, there is 36 combinations, of which 3 will work in forward, 3 will run in reverse. Other bad combinations will run rough and slow (sounds like your case), vibrate, stutter or not run at all. Two bad combinations also run hyperfast in free air but produce absolutely no torque whatsoever.

It will work if you find the right combination (you need to try them all), it’s just Maytech and Hobbywing ESC may not have the same color code standard for motor phase wires (blue, yellow, green) and hall sensor wires (blue, yellow, green). Check my post.

By the way someone said previously the maytech motor pull more amps or watts than the ESC therefore it wont work. This is a false statement. The motor only accept as much amps / power as the ESC dictates. THe motor don’t decied anything. You could probably push 5000W in these motors if you find an ESC that can do it. Of course the motors would melt LOL. But if you run the maytech at lower power than that are nominally rated for, they will just run very cool but work perfectly fine.

You need to carefully play with phase and hall sensor wires. That’s all.