World Record for Electronic "Skateboard" Speed

What’s crazy is the current downhill speed record is almost 50% more than that

Gravity is currently winning.

1 Like

> Go skydiving > Strap skateboard to feet > Set 195km/h world record?

6 Likes

Now that’s thibking outside the box. the question is who do we sacrifice to test this method out?

1 Like

Just remember once you hit 88 mph you’ll need to find enough energy to hit 88 mph again in 1955.

9 Likes

I want to do this with pneumatics

2 Likes

Im gonna try this weekend on pneumatics actually. Just a 1st attempt on a board thats totally not suited for going over 40mph but has the gearing and power to break 60mph easily. Im hoping to at least break my own top speed of 49mph but even that seems sketchy on this board. Should be good fun either way.

6 Likes

Oh shit! be safe…

Did you find any heavier springs?

Been talking about the dry lake bed surface and condition to some people I know who have run it. From the sounds of it you have the right idea about speed testing on it. See you Sunday.

2 Likes

Yea, be careful out there. That board was scary to me. Watching you hit the pavement at 15 mph was not pretty, I don’t want to see it at 60…

If any board could do it though, it would be that. Did you ever get the settings dialed in?

1 Like

@BigBoyToys hope you have the gear? Always remember safety dudeson

1 Like

@evoheyax I havent had much time to tinker with it and have been doing more efficiency testing than high speed stuff lately since my shoulder still isnt 100%.

@Idle Im just gonna crank down the stock springs onto the white dampas and have a go.

@GhettoFab.rictation I wont be running bindings for top speed tests so when I go down it should just be a long slide. Yeah Ill have all my gear on for this one.

Im thinking of it as more of a test and tune day but between @MoeStooge and myself there’s a good chance some personal bests might happen which means that 59mph mark is that much closer.

7 Likes

Good luck mate! Post some awesome vids for us!! :smile:

2 Likes

You should probably give us an expected post time. So anything after we can all start to speculate what happened.

@MoeStooge is going to try and get the video of his runs edited but I can give you a summary. My 25hp trampa couldmt break 40mph without the wobbles despite taking most of the rear truck angle out and tightening the springs all the way down into the stiffest white dampas.

Brandon was able to build speed on his runs all day finishing with a 57mph run.

8 Likes

Awesome work guys. I’d love some salt flats to work on. What kind of wobbles were they?

I switched to taller gears and 107mm for my setup. Soon as I hit about 35 I started getting wobbles as well. Topped out at 37mph. They were slow building wobbles but I couldn’t stop them from increasing with speed so I had to back off.

2 Likes

BigBro have you seen the elastomers duffman made, Jenso has a set… they were black elastomers the size of the springs, there was some video of some dampening.tests…

MoeBro! smoking it in at 57mph… way to go dude!

2 Likes

So, we got to the dirt flats with some unknowns and first times in front of us. The dry lake bed surface was cracked but smooth. The relative traction to asphalt was obviously way down. We started slow with 40mph runs. DkCharger on the radar and recording on his phone and Chuck running chase car with a GoPro. Made 7 or 8 runs progressing speed with each pass. Last run was at 30v on 8s. At 57mph the push from the rear wheels Vs the limited traction from the dirt hit a wall and lost forward bite. I felt the board had another 8 or 9 mph in it. Board was stable and straight till we spun the rear wheels. We all took quite a bit from these speed tests and learned a lot. #fastestboardondirt :checkered_flag:

9 Likes

Ive seen the elastomers but I think my set up will need more than that to be stable at high speed. With the springs cranked down on the white dampas the board was super stiff, but the vertical and torisonal flex of the trampa deck still made it very unstable above 35mph. The sketchiest part is letting off the throttle. The slight shift forward onto the front causes a bounce that easily turns into a wobble. A rigid deck is must if I wanna try for top speed on this drive train set up again.

1 Like

Way to go lads! I feel the need for speed too #worldsfastestindian spirit right there

3 Likes

fu***ng amazing!

is this the board? http://esk8builds.com/photo/view/?id=31

2 Likes