Willpark16 “situation “

Not really ganna work since not everyone likes to disclose information about themselves outside of whats necessary. Sticking to a digital only buyer protection kind of deal is more realistic.

1 Like

Or better yet, enforce a public feedback system. Where people can post good or bad experiences with sellers and vendors.

Only now that this has been made public are others openly saying they have also had trouble with this kid, yet until now it has all been kept private. How many other people on the forums are operating in a similar way but no one knows because it is all kept private.

They are ready have a poll system of credible sellers

1 Like

That is horrible thread to use and is nothing more than a poll based on popularity.

1 Like

Really? Is that what you think?

That thread is a waste of time.

here is the poll for the very person this thread is about, with 2 votes and both positive. It was even started by the person who had a bad experience with him.

Yet this thread has more people saying they’ve had bad experiences with him but that poll gives no hint at that.

If there is no feedback about why is was a good, bad or neutral experience then it is pointless. Also if no one actually bothers to hunt down a poll that they don’t know about it is also pointless.

The only people in that thread that have anything worth while are the popular sellers that everyone already knows about that are good and trusted.

3 Likes

Why do you think the known and trusted sellers have so many votes? Oh I know! We actually have a long list of customers.

6 Likes

Has nothing to do with the “big sellers” that already have the customer base.
How many smaller “vendors” like Will have ripped people off and no one knows anything, yet he just moves on and does is again. Anything bad said about vendors is deleted and they are left to keep ripping people off.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?! Already have a customer base? Do you know how hard I’ve worked for the credability that I have?

My point is, Misrepresentation is a red flag. He has no votes because he has no customers. And the few customers he’s had don’t seem to be that happy. Slapping an Industries after your name doesn’t make you a vendor. And someone saying they’re open for business doesn’t make them qualified.

TIme does.

So don’t discount the hard fucking work that LHB, RedEmber, Enertion, Psychotiller, Jlabs, Carvon, and others have put in to make this what it is.

And so you know…Two thumbs down isn’t positive

6 Likes

Have you read something wrong? This whole “discussion” are are having is about having a transparency for the way sellers behave on this forum. Not everyone lives here reading every thread and knows everything about everyone. You seem to be caught up on some poll thread that is practically worthless for anything outside the top vendors on the forum. Why are you against the idea of having a more substantial way to leave feedback for sellers and vendors that actually highlights the positive or negative experience that buyers have experienced?

All I want is a better way to highlight experiences with sellers and vendors. If Enertion is well known for slow shipping that takes months despite promises that everything is in stock and ready to ship, then I think that should be shared. Just that same that I think small sellers like Will that acts bigger than he is, is actually some 16 year old kid that has ripped off a handful of people.

actually it’s both a thumb down vote…for some reason the whatever the max vote is on the top, you have to look at the actual icon to the left. kinda lame

1 Like

Welllookatthat YouGotMe

I’ve been played, you got me. The thumbs flip position… Turns out the poll thread has more merit that I gave it credit for.

I still think a better system for vendor and seller feedback that actually gives reason for positive and negative experiences is more beneficial to both (honest) sellers and buyers.

4 Likes

I cant even vote on that section for some reason…

2 Likes

Will probably wouldn’t even man up to that

1 Like

Somehow, even though I never had anything to do with this battery it keeps returning to my shop…

Today, @trancejunkiexxl showed up to work on his 4wd Carvon build. He was hoping we could make use of this big ass pack. I wanted to remove the 2 pounds of tape on it to make sure we wouldn’t have any sketchy issues down the road and as it was it looked even worse than I previously thought. One of the nickel strips melted as we looked at it. will%20battery%202will%20batterywill%20battery%203Will%20battery%204

We decided to set it aside and use a different pack. 6 hours later, as Tony was loading up his car, I told him I was going to put the Willpark pack out in the back yard. And when I picked it up, It burned the shit out of a couple of my fingers! We hustled it outside and began to dismantle it as fast as we could.

One of the mosfets on the bms burst. The pack was starting to throw sparks and every step of the way seemed to be getting worse… Half ASS doesn’t even begin to describe how this pack was rebuilt and repaired.

The 2 super thin bus bars that the positive and negative battery leads were attached to had no fishpaper under them. No insulation. Just capton tape which was worn through and was shorting through the battery casing. Also, the bus bars were literally a mm apart.

While trying to stop the pack from shorting the negative terminal fell off.

This whole “situation” was a joke. Start to finish. None of it funny.

More pics of the lawn dismantle are coming.

26 Likes

I love this community but unfortunately people are still assholes. The fact someone would even sell that is despicable and could have cost people their lives…FUCK!

:open_mouth: damn dude…

1 Like

Yeah this has gone from a fucked up horrible decision to resell this pack to practically a crime…

Honestly all i can think about is sweetcheeks child and the danger involved with a pack like that… boils my blood

Yeah. If I had left that pack to sit much longer I would have had a fire. I’m temped to visit the hospital just to get some bandaids for my newly branded finger so that I can send his parents a bill.

3 Likes