Willpark16 “situation “

I can support this post @Mikenopolis and I know each other for a while and he knows I have been through similar stuff with @willpark16. Its a lot of stuff to go into detail here but I am just stating my opinion and @Mikenopolis has been a cool guy/honest/patient enough since day 1. @willpark16 make contact with us and face this like an adult.

3 Likes

He sold me some bad diy hubs and after that he said that he didn’t try them but that they work

2 Likes

How is it that minors are allowed to use this forum as a sales platform? It’s an invitation to commit fraud with zero consequences.

6 Likes

Typical move from @willpark16

1 Like

Sorry to hear man :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve tried to move some posts here to get the clutter away from the for sale thread for @Mikenopolis’s battery.

2 Likes

It’s not a “zero consequence” situation. If @Mikenopolis had decided to press charges, then he could still get his money back whether @willpark16 is a minor or not. He simply decided to be kind. In addition, based on Will’s actions in this situation the moderators will be determining new restrictions for him regarding business transactions, as well as possible suspension.

On a personal note, I guess it’s a sort of dilemma. I’m a minor, and I’ve done several sales on the forum (not as a business though). I think that regardless of your age, the expectations on the forum are:

• that the seller is transparent as to potential flaws of the item(s) as well as the age of said goods -that the customer makes him/herself aware of the condition of goods
  • PayPal business or another secure form of payment is used in the transaction

If these expectations are met, there is a far lower chance that something will go wrong. I’ve been here for quite a while as both a member and moderator, and I don’t believe that many of the adults here treat me any differently because of my age. I am thankful for that, and I attribute that to fair and honest behavior in regular communication and transactions (from both parties)

3 Likes

Thanks for splitting the battery discussion vs sale. The battery is pending sale at the moment and I’ll be dropping it off at psychotiller’s place on Friday for buyer’s pick up.

I’ve spoken to Miguel who said the port was not from his busted board, which mean Will might just have a collection of old parts that he used. I happened to get the short end on the stick. Decided to get a refund that he said was going to happen. If the history of this battery was mentioned I would never have been the buyer due to my paranoid self. So taking the $200 lost or potentially more is on me for my trust in him. Lesson learned. PayPal as goods and services with credit card for full protection going forward with him is the only way to go

3 Likes

To my it just seems weird that now he would choose to maybe scam people he has been on the forum for 3 years. Maybe there should be some guidelines now for selling some parts

1 Like

To me it seems like he gone ghost either due an incident or him scrambling to acquire the funds necessary to do a refund. Hell his phone bill might not be paid if he’s that kind of minor. I’m sure it’ll all work it self out

1 Like

With the private communications I’ve had with other guys here. He’s had some pretty iffy transactions with others.

I wouldn’t say for certain that he purposely attempted to scam me. If he had used a NEW charge port, this probably wouldn’t have happened. The busted LCD and ghetto taped switch is off putting but not anything one can’t improve. I did see this thing prior to payment. Sadly didn’t notice Miguel’s address in the box until well after.

The issue is that he promised a refund. I even said I only wanted $460 instead of the $500 becuase it was my paranoia that makes me refuse to use the battery after burning my finger. He ignored my message for a few days after Dave suggested I take that refund. When I messaged him again a few days later telling him that iOS actually says “read” when you view a message. He replied, then turned turned the feature off…or lost his phone, or died? If alive. He could’ve easily contacted me here.

His being here for 3 years and an active member is why I paid cash. Maybe this is an out of ordinary life issue that’s beyond his control which is another reason I can only speculate the lack of communication on his part and the money is not large enough for me to sue a kid

5 Likes

I’m 100% on your side as you have tried everything you could and even taken extra steps I hope this gets resolved be but maybe there should be some guidelines for selling like no minors. I know it would hurt some on here but maybe best for legal reasons

This sucks to hear. After everything that has happened on this forum with minors, I could totally get behind a no minor sales policy here. It’s just not worth it. If they want to sell, then they can get a parent who is over 18 to do it with them.

2 Likes

Eh i don’t agree with that, there’s people like @GrecoMan who I’ve had stellar clean service with and shouldn’t have to feel the consequences of others actions. Everyone just needs to be responsible for their own and understand that everything is an inherit risk. Minor or not.

7 Likes

All he would have to do is seek the support of an adult. It’s not like they are banned from sale.

EDIT: You can’t even legally own and operate a paypal account as a minor.

3 Likes

A trend I’ve noticed a lot on this forum is that people like to over represent themselves when they are in fact just one person, and in this case, a single high schooler.

Case in point the famous Alextech, and willpark who has as his avatar “will tech industries”. From the very beginning, I would be cautious about dealing with anyone who does this as it just seems shady.

Or maybe its a joke thats going over my head… cause its just plain silly that a high schooler has time for school and run an “industry” :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Yes there are some who have had a great track record but from a legal standpoint is where I am looking at. Like @Fiori said they shouldnt even have a a paypal account. Its not fair for the minors on here that have done business with others on here and have never had issues but its the ones that have the issues that ruin it for everyone just like everything else all it takes is one person to ruin it

Perhaps mandatory disclosure of minor status for buy and sell?

2 Likes

Not really ganna work since not everyone likes to disclose information about themselves outside of whats necessary. Sticking to a digital only buyer protection kind of deal is more realistic.

1 Like

Or better yet, enforce a public feedback system. Where people can post good or bad experiences with sellers and vendors.

Only now that this has been made public are others openly saying they have also had trouble with this kid, yet until now it has all been kept private. How many other people on the forums are operating in a similar way but no one knows because it is all kept private.