Will Traditional Skaters Ever Embrace the Electric Skateboard?

amen. this is an art. and a belt sander is my brush.

what i love most about this forum is how everyone brings their own brush, their own flavor and style to their rigs. just like all the great skaters bring their own flavors to their sport.

1 Like

When I told my friends I was making an esk8 everyone thought it was awesome! Now swegways (two wheel self balancing scooter without handles) are taking over and it’s getting on my nerves. They are quite unstable and uncomfortable to ride. But they are cheap and that’s why we are losing the fight. No one wants to spend 800-1200 AUD to build an esk8 when they can buy a swegway for $400. We NEEED a way of getting the price down for diy esk8 to beat swegways.

the false economy man - its a trap…good stuff cost money… Cheap toys are never going to reign supreme over qualty self built eboards! Most of those things, swagwag/hoverboard things, are just catching fire & burning up on sidewalks across the globe… Lipo batteries and shit charging systems.

When the price of somthing gets really low you need to ask yourself how they can make it for a low price? whats missing?

I think the main problem here is the fact that our Asian friends are always lowering the bar on quality in favor of a low price and a lot of people are buying into this, without giving it any thought. So I totally get what @onloop is saying. Those crappy $400 clone hoverboards, are they as good as the $1500 original one ? I don’t think so. Are these companies doing any research and testing ? Nope. Do they care about customer satisfaction ? Nope.