Will this work? I'm kind of clueless

Nope. A basic hobby charger like the IMAX B6 will do the trick. You can even use that bms you had if you want to although the amp rating is a little low

Yes, sorry, I was mistaking it for the winning v1 :confused:

@pat.speed

Is there maybe a bms with higher amp rating that you can recommend?

Well bestech or supower bms are very well recommended by others. you could try them and get a 60a bms

So if I do use a bms I just need an appropriate power source for it?

yes they can be bought for cheap from ebay, amazon or basically anywhere that sells them aslong as they have the right voltage. Have you decided on the battery you will use?

I found turnigy 5s batteries on ebay and an imax b6 at really good prices, so if that will be sufficient then that’s what I’ll go with.

Ok great. Just know that Lipo batteries need to be treated correctly otherwise they can be damaged easily. Also make sure that you always balance charge them and never discharge below 3.4v

I should probably add a voltmeter?

Yes if you would like although a battery medic from hobbyking or eBay is even better. It will tell you voltages as well as balance and discharge your cells and it is very cheap. It won’t charge though

Awesome, I’ll look into it

remember if you increase the amount of batteries and voltage going to the BMS and ESC sometimes it cannot handle it. If youre going for an ESC like the one above, make sure your values are correct

@anon64938381 Will do.