[Wiki] Safety Gear

@Deckoz you’re the man. Peoples listen to his wisdom

The stock comes with CE level 1 pads, back, shoulder, elbow. I upgraded mine to CE level 2 D3O pads for extra protection. If it works, I don’t know :man_shrugging: never took a fall

thought it’s just reinforced cloth, but still… don’t belive this can work that good

But others have already fallen and they didn’t get hurt

…one question @Deckoz …you been in Ninja Warrior before? :sunglasses:

wait a sec These aren’t sold yet?

In few days should be available online

what’s better: a vest like the leatt body protector 5.5 or a leather jacket/suite? I see many pics of (e)skaters showing or wearing their leather suits, but didn’t read about them in any safety discussion yet I guess a leather jacket with inbuilt pads comes close or is better - depends on what you compare with - than a protector vest

Any knowledge or experiences?

I wanna put a good word in here for:

Hand / Full Gloves:

Upperbody / Vest

• Leatt Body Protector 3DF Airfit Low-profile, under-the-hoodie option for those who don’t want to look like Robocop. High CE-l2 protection on back and chest, CE-l1 on elbows and shoulders. Saved me more times than I like to remember.

Knee

Hand / Openfinger-Gloves

…and I want to warn against the Flatland3D E-Skate Glove. They’re just super-flaky. The ‘pucks’ or the armour or whatever they’re meant to be, is in the wrong place and the material isn’t abrasion resistant so they fall apart pretty quickly. This is what they looked like after one or two light scuffs:

If they were a quarter of the price, maybe, but for that sort of money, go for the Loaded’s.

4 Likes