Wiki for new users [Help Wanted (Example part list, FAQ)]

I agree 100% however having threads that have great info linked in beginner threads like this is great as it guides new users to other important threads they may have otherwise missed.

If y’all wanna make a tutorial I’m all for it, but an all inclusive thread is impossible. Many have tried, none have succeeded. It’s just not possible.

2 Likes

What if you did it as a flowchart? Yes, it’d be huge but it might be easier to follow the progression of choices.[quote=“mmaner, post:16, topic:90553”]

I don’t like their post about “is this good” “can you give me a part list”

That’s what we do here, help noobs getting into esk8. [/quote]

I agree with @mmaner but I think there’s a notable distinction between the two questions. The first one seems to have at least done a little research and wants someone to check their work before they spend a bunch of money on it.

The second one seems to want to be given the answer rather than trying to learn first.

well @pjotr47 that sounds like a challenge to me (or a dare or whatever you wanne call it :smiley: )

1 Like

I am not sure where to ask this question so i decided to throw it in here becuase the last reply here was quite recent. My question is whether inrunner motors can have sufficient torque for an emtb, i’m specifically looking at the turnigy sk8 6374 192kv motor (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-sk8-6374-192kv-sensored-brushless-motor-14p.html) I will have a dual motor setup btw.

Hello everyone I have acquired a e skate and it does not work. The batteries are good motor is good. I think the problem in my controller does anyone have a test I can run. image

Question about anti-spark switches, loop keys, fuses, and safety cutoffs. Based on the wiring diagram at the beginning of this thread an anti-spark switch and BMS are ‘optional’. Many pre-made packs from places like torque boards have a BMS integrated AND include a switch. However, I don’t think these included switches are ‘anti-spark’ (maybe they are and it’s assumed they are at this point).

My question is when using a pack with a build in switch and bms, would you (experts) recommend replacing the switch with an anti spark switch? Or just add a loop key?

Also in the diagram, is the safety cutoff just the loop key since it serves the function of being able to quickly break the circuit?