Why Maytech VESCs Are Better

Aren’t there any good ESCs from china? where do you think most of the motors come from? Products in china have the potential to be good enough, and much better quality/price value. When Enertion sold “crap” vescs from china, did the vescs from Ollin get lower reputation? If the Chinese will sell bad vescs, their reputation will go down, and the good vescs reputation will go up.

1 Like

The problem is, most are not going to understand why their vesc broke, just that it broke. Look, the whole reason Jason moved to the US was the problem of counterfeit components being put on the vesc. Motors are difference, as there is no circuitry involved. I’m not saying it’s not possible for good vesc’s to come from china, but just look at these photos, and like longhairedboy said, it looks like it was soldered by a drunk guy…

i would order and use Maytech motors. They’re just fine. But I wouldn’t touch this VESC with a 6 foot cattle prod.

This current batch of Enertion vescs is pristine, btw. I can’t really find anything wrong with them. The wires have been routed away from the pointy pins, the whole package is shorter, and the XT60 connector on the caps board is kind of genius. My only complaint is the shitty heat shrink which isn’t really an issue and hardly worth mentioning. I like to re-shrink mine with heavier shrink before using them to make them a little tougher and also to include the caps board in the shrink. But the quality of the PCB and soldering and other important stuff is excellent.

forgot to mention the extra solder points on the caps board which makes jumping one vesc off the other a really simple thing.

2 Likes

Made in China

5 Likes

I want what he had

Whats up bro. Do you have any pics of two enertion vescs jumped as you described ? Would love to see what that looks like with their new CAP board design.

i should have snapped pics on my last raptor repair, but i didn’t. I have about 8 more in a bin though i can post pics when i get home.

I apologize if this doesn’t work emoji.gif