Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

My obligatory helmet rant…

3 Likes

Are you still around on these forums?

1 Like

Keep your head off the ground. Put your pucks and knees down or feet… and not to often. Once it touches pavement. It’s over.

Speaking of replacing a FF What color pass should I get?

• Dorado
  • Satin Purple
  • White(grey tsg text)
  • Matte Black
  • Burn Orange
  • Another Cyan

0 voters

1 Like

What is an FF?

full face l

1 Like

This was in a Facebook group I’m in today. Definitely think about protecting your face.

3 Likes

For those who don’t want to use helmets because it makes you look dumb

5 Likes

Make sure your helmet chin is pulled down enough! I don’t think I was wearing my pass right and hit that. Lesson learned 10 stitches later.

2 Likes

Ouch. That sucks. Hope it heals quick. And read those instructions

1 Like

An article by my buddy James

There are some out there that believe it’s a case of natural selection. And I definitely get that and still some what agree (ironic as i write this) ,but as OG’s we need to lead by example. We’ve seen people and been hurt ourselves. We need to help newbies avoid getting seriously injured like we have. To pretend it can’t or doesn’t happen is doing a disservice to Esk8.

If Esk8 is to be accepted as a norm in society, we need to show that its a safe, long distance alternative to riding a bicycle…basically. And that we are good Esk8 citizens, sharing the road.

So, yeah…Wearing a helmet is all about being safe…but I also think it projects a positive light on our group, telling people that we are responsible riders.

4 Likes

Wrist guards homiesScreenshot_20181216-130931_GalleryScreenshot_20181216-130937_Gallery Screenshot_20181216-130943_Gallery

4 Likes

@Garagefighter Are you okay!?!!

Screenshot_20181216-130949_Gallery Screenshot_20181216-130958_Gallery yup. Shit happens. Was crossing the street in SF hit a pothole. Got them shred lights now.

5 Likes

Ouch man, take it easy for a while while you heal up.

1 Like

3 more weeks and the Drs said it’ll be stronger than before the break. :joy:

That 2nd pic where the blood is was where the bone popped out :scream:

Damn that’s crazy. Wrist brace wouldn’t really help you there since your wrist is okay.

Well at least it’s not a joint that broke.

That’s gross.

Heal up man. I don’t wear wrist guards but my suit includes lower arm guards.

they would help… believe me

Been there Man

@Garagefighter hope you heal fast!!

5 Likes