Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

thank God your wife gave you permission to buy the helmet! joke from previous post! You are very lucky. Stay safe.

:astonished: you are very lucky. Get well soon. Could the tinted visor at night caused you to not see that giant rock in front of you?

Dude so glad you’re safe! Remember to throw that brain bucket away, you dont want to reuse a helmet thats already damaged!

Glad your alright @rpn314 . Lucky you had the helmet!

I was going about 20 mph.

@DilatedPupils It was still light outside, which is why I put the tinted visor on, so I don’t think so, but anything is a possibility.

Great news on your recovery! While it is unfortunate we are seeing more injuries as ESK8 gets more popular, sharing these personal stories will definitely bring more awareness to safety and hopefully save some lives. Sending some good thoughts and healing energy to you!

This topic is pinned globally, but for some reason after I read it, it becomes unpinned for me. Is it just me or that’s just how it works?

It’s the way it works. The same goes for “new member” topics.

Ive used alpinestars quite a lot in the past… used to wear their gear for riding MX. The bionic upper body armour i have is great. I have a slightly older model but they obviously have up to date items. Very airy due to the mesh which is essential when its hot outside, provides good back/chest/kidney protection as well as the usual elbows/shoulders/forearms. Recommended

wear a helmet!!! our skulls may not be enough, ask this guy.

6 Likes

@Rob.Endless whats the name of your body armor?

Demon United Flex Force X D 30 version 2 with Sas-tec chest plate

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9yL5usLFgY&feature=youtu.be

8 Likes

His nick name would have been HUMPTY DUMPTY if not for that helmet!

Ready to order

Hey dude, what’s your verdict on the Ruroc helmet after extensive use? I want to pull the trigger on that helmet so bad but I’m still not sure about the integrity of the face impact mask.

I’m a big fan of it so far. The dark chrome finish I have definitely causes a lot of rubber necking…but them again it could be the Raptor. TBH tho unless you are also planning to use it for snowboarding/skiing a bunch id probably recommend one of the other common ones around here. Its a little hot to wear with the goggles when its above 70 degrees F but that can be solved by taking off the goggles and just wearing sunglasses. The face mask is definitely not as strong as the ones on non-detachable alternatives but under 30 mph I’m confident it would provide solid protection.

1 Like

Perfect! All I need to know to pull the trigger. I’m only going to use this helmet for winter when it gets too cold. I have another detachable Uvex helmet so I’m covered there for anything above 30mph or warmer days. Thanks for your info dude!

yes you are right,I had see some videos,I mean the kids,they had no WEAR A HELMET,I think their parents should let them WEAR A HELMET.

Also adults will thinking WEAR A HELMET is childish,but skateboard not the surfing,no water no anything to protect yourself when fell!

Sorry but, here is a picture for those that dont want to wear a helmet for whatever reason.

Wear a helmet.

6 Likes