Why helmet safety has become my #1 priority

I completely agree with you. The bigger responsability it’s on the electric longboard rider, he must make all possible efforts to avoid accidents and must protect himself by actively taking measures like driving defensively and avoiding tricky situations which wasn’t the case in the video situation like Sara explained.

One of the comments I made in the video was that “people are already used to bike riders and their behaviours but they don’t know how to react to someone riding an electric skateboard.” I think this was one this cases, the bike rider didn’t take the electric longboard seriously enough to avoid a possible contact.

1 Like

FYI…she should have called the police and gotten a case number. then the biker would’ve had to pay for medical bills…even if nothing was wrong. A $500.00-1000.00 ER bill is not uncommon for a few e-rays and documentation of what happened. Riding a bike/esk8 is like driving a car. You mess up, you pay!

Anyways, back to the thread, thank you. I am ordering two bern fl-1 with mips for me and my son.

1 Like

Sad but a great way to promote safety

1 Like

It’s illegal to ride electric skateboards in NYC, so probably calling the police wasn’t in her best interest.

1 Like

…Illegal ?? Since when ,?, ever heard of Caisey Neistat ?

Rides his Boosted in between cop cars !

Yes, he even has a video about it.

1 Like

He rides it everyday around NYC ?

I also ride mine every day in Vancouver, that doesn’t make it legal…

1 Like

I feel like being an NYC rider I should chime in. Yes, it is illegal, I know people who have gotten tickets. CN has been pulled over before for riding it. You are unlikely to get ticketed if you are on the street, but on the west side highway, they have a lovely sign which says it’s illegal. I ride by it everyday.

I flip it off every time I ride by. No, you will not be arrested.

1 Like

ooops! Move down to Florida or get rid of your politicians!

Why don’t you flip a finger toward the cops and see how fast they can catch up to arrest you? :joy:

I would not suggest that this week. They are a little on edge given recent events… just wave, smile and say hello…IMHO

1 Like

Umm excuse me Nate you think they’re gonna catch me on those stupid bicycles?

1 Like

I’m sure he has been ticketed multiple times for drones/esk8 riding. I guess he doesn’t feel the need to show it.

Do it for the shot, right?

1 Like

Exactly. What kind of cop is gonna try to ticket a 15year old?

1 Like

The asshole kind? LOL :joy:

In all seriousness though, most cops dont really give a shit as long as you’re respectful. Seriously, respect goes a long way, if people tell you to stop, then just stop and walk somewhere else to ride your board.

1 Like

I’m not flipping off cops or anything! No, it’s very true… Life lessons from Nate.

1 Like

You only live once buddy!

When I do serious traffic riding I wear motorcycle jacket and half-face motorcycle helmet.

you may be faster but if they want to pull you over and you decide to outrun them, wouldn’t that be evading the police? Pretty sure that would be a hefty price to pay…once again IF they catch you HAHA