Why did we chose the components we chose. Choice

This thread is the best ever.

My own freshly pressed decks, because who has money for overpriced wood/carbon.

Dual motors. Because symmetry.

More specifically, rewound and bearing’d NTM Prop Drives because they’re cheap, when they’re available. Maytech 6355s when they’re not, because they’re also cheap.

Turnigy LiPos, because they’re cheap. 18650 Li-Ion packs because that shit seems to be the steez at the moment.

VESCs, because they’re VESCs.

Arduino Pro Mini + cheap eBay nunchucks because this is the cheapest and easiest controller solution. and if you don’t like the dropouts, mod the shit out of that code.

Silicone coated wire. Just because.

Custom designed motor mounts laser cut from alu/SS by whoever does that metal laser cutting thing. Because they are dirt cheap and take 2 days to make and you can mount whatever you want to whatever you want.

Custom designed wheel pulleys and wheel spacers laser cut from alu as above for however many teeth you want and dirt cheapness.

Flywheel clones because Flywheel clones, and colour things, as previously mentioned.

Belts from RS components because of free same day delivery. And Contitech.

Chargers made from BMSes and external power supplies. Because why do you want a current limited BMS on your board when the VESC does that.

Carling Black Label, a freshly rolled Golden Virginia cigarette, complemented by a (trigger warning) steez stick of green, because, Zamalek. Mos.

2 Likes

Are you talking about capacitors on your VESC board?

No. I had extra capacitor. 10.000 uf, which is huge. Making huge spark when you plugged in without anti spark system. I think its bigger capacity than 2 VESC capacitors I have (6 caps of VESC in dual drive still smaller than this).

1 Like

Lesson learned. Again. Always eat lunch and dinner when drinking.

I chose the bustin sportster pro for its cradling shape. And I chose it again. And it’s stiff. Yet thin.

Vescs because every board I had with rc escs was annoying and loud

Hub motors because every board I made with pulleys was loud and overly complicated and had a lot of resistance

And choosing to pot everything because of a million reasons biggest being my wires are always breaking and sending the board off on its own. I chose Velcro because it’s easy and looks cool and until I find out something the hard way I have to try

Does the the big capacitor give u more power?

Yes especially when you’re not at full speed / throttle, it provide you with a the torque kick. My caps can provide an additional 2 - 3 Amps spike within that 1 - 2 seconds. So less stress on battery discharge as the caps take care 2 - 3 Amps from the peak discharge of the battery. For several reason that extra torque kick provide longer journey for me (extend travel distance).

2 Likes

This is pretty awesome to know. Before I’d been trying to get less capacitors and now I want more.