Who here is 🇦🇺?

I’ll be selling VESCs soon… it’s a secret project for now. :joy:

Hehe. Pm me your phone number and I’ll add you to the whatsapp group. Aussie & NZ now so if anyone else wants to join I recommend it :slight_smile:

No I’m a guy whos been lurking the forums for a few months, i have yet to build my 1st setup but I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered ~70% of what I need for a single drive! Still need to settle on a solution for batteries and a hand remote.

Does anybody know whether it is allowed to ride an esk8 on roads where the speed limit is 50km/h? I did a quick test ride (during night time) on the road and guess what, police came by, slowed down, stayed a while behind me then overtook. So, obviously wasn’t a problem? But, just in case what are the rules here in Stralia?

This explains the laws: https://www.epicelectricskateboards.com/electric-skateboards-australian-law/

1 Like

Has anyone found a good carbon fibre/vacuum bagging kit supplier in Aus? Ever bought from an ebay store? I have a roarockit kit I want to test out.

That’d be awesome if someone already has experience with a ready made kit that is affordable and easily obtainable in Aus!

Hailing from Perth, but will migrate over to Melbourne later this year.

Hey guys I’m wondering what ply wood you have used to make your own deck I’m keen to make on but not too sure where to get bamboo or maple in Aus. Cheers

I got my bamboo from China. Australian Skateboard Kits imports maple from roarockit, they are really nice too. Would definitely recommend. Also, I hated working with bamboo, it’s really fragile especially if you don’t get the vertical lamination stuff. Go maple and DIY, or buy a bamboo deck.

1 Like

Newcastle NSW, I bought a Rocket dual just waiting for it to show up.

Melbourne here. Riding an Evolve Bamboo GT and building a 2nd board.

Come to the next group ride mate. PM your mobile number. I’ll add to whatsapp. Keep in mind we’re super active on there and have a few hundred messages per day hehe

Anyone in Sydney? Is the whatsapp group melbourne specific?

Few guys in Sydney. Check the top of the thread there is a list there. Whatsapp group is currently Aus & NZ

Gday fellas, Im over in Perth may as well be a different country!

1 Like

I am, just join the group last night. Seems there are a few others as well.

Search in Facebook “Sydney Electric Skateboarders” and join! We need more DIYers

Who is in Newcastle with the Raptor 2 that went past my street?

So quiet.

1 Like

West side… perth here!

1 Like