Which Chinese factory is making your motors?

Just found A VERY interesting article about the engines we’re using. It seems nearly all brands are made between just a small number of factories and just given a different brand to sell under. Even ones that claim to be made in the USA, Germany, etc… Very good article worth reading!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/brushed-brushless-motors-speed-controls-gear-drives-123/11426913-chinese-factories-make-various-brushless-motor-brands.html

1 Like

Of course they are, its a very common MOO (method of operation) for manufacturing. THere is only 2 factories in the entire world that make LED panels over 26in, that’s down from 3 in 2005. Most laundry was shipped to china in the 18th century because it was cheaper to ship it and have it cleaned than to pay to clean it locally.

Well I figured this was the case with SOME of the motors… just like with cars, sometimes one company makes a car like Toyota used to with the Carolla and the Geo Prism, and other similar examples, but this article is pretty much saying 99% of the motors are made in just a couple, mainly one company in China, and even more than rebranding them, some companies in the US, Germany, France, etc… are claiming they’re made in their own country.

I’m just a very surprised with some of the brands they named because over the past week I’ve been looking up the highest quality brand BLDC’s and some you can see the extreme quality in the copper winding much more so than other brands… One thing they pretty much proved is Turnigy (which up till now I thought was a decent, but not exactly a high end motor) is the same motors as Hacker, which I was just on their site and they were claiming to be at the forefront of technology and the best quality you could buy, but essentially the article said Turnigy was essentially a Hacker for about 28% of the cost!

1 Like