Which Camera to film awesome Esk8 videos with?!

something wrong with it? Wondering why you didn’t get the DJI mavic?

a couple have lost power in flight, government drone regulation is freaking out, so gopro had to recall them. I’m hoping it’s some software issues, and will be fixed soon…

reasons I will not buy the mavic: -worse picture quality -also has reported connection issues (casey neistat even lost the signal on his… and he’s had had more phantoms than I can count) -doesn’t include the handheld gimble which is AMAZING (perfect for eboards and makes gopro handheld footage actually fantastic- I will post a video I took with it later) -controller isn’t “all in one” and requries a phone. (I really fell in love with the gopro controller compared to DJI phantom 3 and 4 controllers that I’ve used in the past. When I’m at the beach, or near water, the last thing I want to do is mess with my phone- now gopro on the other hand, was a company born out of the love for the ocean) -no “ecosystem” I want to be able to take this drone on vacation, hike around with the stabilized grip, then pop the camera in my drone at the when I reach my destination, and maybe go swimming with the camera after that: all of that with the same $1000 dollar purchase + a battery or two.

The whole karma was just marketed as(and in my opinion is) a more durable, rugged, gopro style drone. No fancy features messing with your flying(Just don’t fly into things in the first place… I couldn’t care less about obstacle avoidance), no phones to connect, and a really awesome backpack to go along with it.

karma: is it as small as the mavic? no does the battery life suck? yes (18-20 minutes on all 3 of my flights) As a drone, gimble, and ecosystem is it awesome? Hell yes

edit: just wanted to mention I still back gopro, so I will just wait for them to get it right…

I just got my first drone yesterday and it has a really nice 4k camera on it that comes with a steady grip for ground footage. It a Yuneec Q500 4K. Can’t wait to use the “Follow Me” mode with my new Raptor. Wish winter wasn’t here so I’d have more time.

1 Like