Which BLDC tool should I use?

I am trying to connect my new vesc to the BLDC tool and says “The connected Vesc Has Newer firmware than this version of bldc tool supports. it is recommended taht you update BLDC tool to the latest version. Alternatively, the firmware on the connected vesc can be downgraded in the firmware tab. Until then, limited communication mode will be used where only the firmware can be changed.” When I go to the firmware version it says the supported firmware for this version of bldc tool is 2.17 and 2.18 , The vesc firmware version says 2.54. I tried a bunch of different bldc tools, but none of them seemed to work.

2 Likes

You need this one

1 Like

Thank you, it worked perfectly.

1 Like

Where did you get the vesc from?

2 Likes

I had the same issue as @wallgreens andi got mine from flier (alienpowersystems)but right now I sent it back because there was a soldering mistake (aliens costumer service is great tho) I’m wondering if those Chinese manufactures actually read this forum or how they got your firmware

I got it in a Kaly.Nyc build. I believe it is an Enertion, but have not seen it myself.

ah that explains a lot…

thought it was a stock vesc lol. @Kaly mustve chucked Ack’s FW on there before he shipped it