Wheels brake locking in FOC right before dead stop

Yeah i’m running ack. I ran 2.54 then now I run 3.1. for some reason I feel like 2.54 Is undefeated but I can’t downgrade sooo… I just feel like watt no reverse with brake, although it is now apparently named current no reverse with brake, was very different. I’m still getting used to 3.1, it’s crazy how much a firmware update can change the feel

Edit: it seems like everyone on foc has the same experience. I got used to it, you will as well. It’s just annoying and sounds slightly bad lol

1 Like

It’d be great for this to go away. 10S dual 6374 FOC and same thing here. Only time my belts skip is the last moment when slowing down… I have to anticipate it so my belts don’t skip and wear down the pulleys.

I’m on ackmaniac 2.54 also, its just so nice I don’t want to update.

1 Like

I have 3 boards all running FOC. Only my dual 6374 exhibits this problem…

I just built it, and was kicked off the board as I came to a slow stop down a slope… Tried on flat terrain… same…

Any solution? Will reducing motor min help?

No. Reducing motor min won’t work.

It seems to happen on boards with bigger size wheels, not sure if it’s related.

What wheels do you have on your dual 6374?

8" ATs… have u tried lowering motor min? Didn’t work? 10char

I am rockin 107s…

Then it has to do with the wheels or higher reductions, I guess with bigger wheels the speed of the motor is faster on low speeds so its difficult to detect ERPMs

1 Like

This sounds like a hall sensor problem. Did you check at what ERPM the motor locks up? If you’re still going 1-2 mph while this happens this is probably at the point where the switching from sensorless to sensored FOC happens. One of your VESCs had a hall error in BLDC. Did you try if the locking up is also there if you set this VESC or both to unsensored FOC? Also disabling traction control for testing is probably a good idea.

i use BLDC and no hall errors. i seem to have mitigated the problem via my throttle curve though as i reprogrammed and it doesn’t happen anymore. albeit only 1 ride

I get this and I run 97mm wheels. 10s battery 15-36 pulleys FOC. Just a 1mph or so comes to a sudden stop. Just got used to it.

3 Likes

I am running Hybrid mode Ack 3.(mostrecent)

No sensor issues here. Also happens sub 1mph.

Well, there’s the switching to “handbrake” which simply shorts the motors, but this is supposed to happen just before you come to a complete halt. I can see that the speed gets higher when you run an extremely low gear reduction. But it sounded like @Eboosted got the problem at RPMs where the tracking by the hall sensors should still work. That’s why I’m asking where exactly it happens. But I’m just guessing what one could try to narrow down the problem. If it happens at the sensored/sensorless switching ERPM than tweaking this parameter might improve it.

1 Like

I will try to get some video later if I remember

No issues on 90mm Subtle lock on 97mm 107mm noticeable 200mm 8" very rough

Does not happewn on the Raptor 2 on 90mm Does not hapen in BLDC only FOC

2 Likes

I see. I’m running 100 mm with 15T/36T, so probably more reduction than you on your 200 mms. But still, I had an issue at low ERPMs recently with locking up at too high ERPM, and I found that a bad hall sensor connector was the problem.

Yeah, that’s when I wondered if you tried sensored FOC but sensorless BLDC since you got the hall error there.

Running 15/32 on 107, very noticeable.

Running 20/32 on 107, very noticeable

20/32?

Y bro. Y :joy:

speed…

(10c)

1 Like

Speed. 1010