Wheel pulley wobble, help?

at the moment i don’t have all my equipment to test it out, but i will see how it goes. Could it be cause of the spacer? my spacer kind of wobbles around in the middle of the wheel and i use the truck to centre it

No all spacers are like that… shouldn’t be a problem.

I have had clone wheels that wobbled terribly. But yours are name brand wheels, so let’s assume they’re good. 1: make sure you have good bearings that aren’t wobbly.
2: if you can’t tighten the axle nut all the way down tight without binding the bearings then you either need longer spacers or add some thrust washers to the spacers. Also the spacers should be close to 8mm i.d. to work properly. Because the wheel and pulley are wobbling together, I don’t think the pulley alignment is the problem however, if the inside bearings mount on the pulley and not the wheel, then the pulley could be defective. Make sure steps 1 and 2 and if it still wobbles, you either have a defective pulley or wheel depending where the bearing mounts.

2 Likes

It looks more like your bearing’s problem. The mess of the 3D printed pulley are not likely to make the wheel wobble. Just follow what @Namasaki said, you should be fine.

looks like the wheels wobbling not the pulley, like mine does and im using enertion wheels and pulleys that fit perfectly together,there must be some wheels out there that are just not perfect unfortunately.

i think it may be one of my bearings. The bearing has indented cause i tightened the bold too tight

here’s a top tip: Set the camera down when recording shit.

From the video you can’t tell if it’s the pulley or the wheel or camera moving about.

the moving was the pulley, i was only trying to get different angle

I have tried to video excessive wheel wobble with my iphone camera and it just doesn’t show up in the video and looks a lot less than it really is.

Mount your belt and motor on to see if the wobble has an effect at all. Mine wobbles a bit like that, but my belt doesn’t move back and forth when my motor spins.