What's under the hood?

Split enclosure on mine image

Don’t have any picture of the VESC one but I like my job !

3 Likes

10s 4p / Dual Focbox / bluetooth module for xmatic app / receiver for firefly remote (vesc data) / small lipo for back and front light (gonna be removed => voltage regulator to 14v from big lion battery IMG_5853

3 Likes

But the voltage regulator doesn’t create heat ? I was thinking about buying another lipo because I don’t know if the yield of a regulator is ok compared to another smaller lipo

1 Like

I tested it for about 1hour with 6 12v leds after tht it was no problem to touch it Ive got this thingy where you can adjust the output voltage via a poti

1 Like

That’s cool !

And have you tested it with and without leds to compare the Range and the electricity consumption ?

2 Likes

no enclosure this summer …

older setup :

5 Likes

No havnt done tht yet because now winters there and theres no way to ride my biard right now :sleepy:

1 Like

Damn sad :confused: Tell me when you tested it because i’m Interested !

1 Like

A set of led lights will barely effect range, I wouldn’t even think it would be a noticeable difference

1 Like

So no current lost with the regulator ?

1 Like

Very minimal, most buck converters work in the upper portion of 90%. And that is percent of the current they are drawing.

Example: you need 24w at 12v. So 2amp current

Pack voltage is let’s say 36v to get 24w we only need 0.66667a to reach 24w. Then 95% so let’s say we input 36v at .66667a (~24W) output will be 12v and 1.9a (22.8W) very minimal losses and hardly any current draw.

These were just random numbers I pulled out I don’t think you will be needing 2a draw for some led lighting unless you are going for a high power front light

2 Likes

Well thank you very much for this clear explanation ! Really interesting stuff to replace or even to charge some shredlights while riding !

IMG_8493

tried to keep it simple! still a bit messy

4 Likes

Btw this setup holds 150A each :smiley:

3 Likes

Kapton tape lover :grinning:

It was only wide tape I had on onhand :smiley:

3 Likes

Since it’s holding on it doesn’t matter you know !

1 Like

I got some shit under that good today!

20181224_220023

20181224_220322

9 Likes

JPG

7 Likes

She’s a beauty!

1 Like