What would you do or have done?

We are quickly approaching mid 2019 now and I was just thinking about how much everything has changed since I first started ghosting around on this forum. With all these new innovations around I thought It would be cool to redo a topic that has been created before just to see what everyone has to say now.

My question for everyone is…

What is the one thing that you want to change or did change on your build that felt like it was life changing?

For me its actually so simple but it has made a massive improvement. Trinity Wedge Risers. They are 10 AUD and run a 5 degree wedge that is soft enough to cushion out bumps without affecting ride. They also create a 10 degree split between my trucks giving a more stable ride at high speeds.

2 Likes

Switching from springs to elastomer damper and riding with heelstraps instead of bindings only.

4 Likes

Going from Lipo to Li-ion. Jeez the change is crazy and worth the extra money for sure

6 Likes

I owned a Bajaboard for years before I tried an eSk8 with thane - this changed everything for me I felt pretty dumb not trying it sooner! (I’ve skated since the 80s)

2 Likes

Honestly I love thane too much to give it up haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Precision trucks & good urethane bits.

Split angles was such a good change as well. I don’t think I can go back to 45/45 on a high speed board again.

3 Likes

That’s what I re-discovered, my teenage self would have bitch slapped me lol :smile:

Pneumatics break the ‘skate physics’ for me

3 Likes

Freeboard S2 half strap bindings. I put them on everything, even my breakfast eggs.

I also should have quit double kingpin tkp trucks long ago.

3 Likes

Switching over to precision trucks!! Oh lawdy it’s night and day when cruising 30+mph. Also, ditching the dkp evolve crap trucks has been a great improvement for my lavaboard

3 Likes

But you gotta admit, they were kinda fun going at slower speeds, mush bushings and all. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I bought the evolve gt as my first board just to try those 7inch tires, got underwhelmed with power and range, sold all but trucks and built a 10s4p platform to power the drivetrain with 200kv 6365s. The power increase was real and the unstable nature of the dkps became very real… I cannot recommend them to anybody

1 Like

Being more patient and putting my shit together, learning to fucking focus on one step at a time. That’s a game changer to me :beers:

5 Likes

I would’ve not used a hammer to force my pulley in :’(

5 Likes

Although I know better, I can’t help it and want to hear that story…

3 Likes

That’s what SHE said… :joy:

1 Like

Learning how to build battery packs (the first thing I did) set the table for everything.

Oh and Cronins. O.M.G… I fantasize now about modeling a ronin hanger with caliber profile and getting a few made, so I can mount gear drives, etc. Maybe even for DD motors. Wouldn’t mind ponying up for ronin precision baseplates.

It’s like a virus infecting my brain. Maybe I can infect @rey8801 and @LukePL too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want to try Cronin’s too.

There’s no model for any clamps though

1 Like

The easiest way is to slightly modify the hanger and use rey’s mad hubs.

The hanger profile is curvy, and recent versions are very narrow, so custom cnc hangers might be the next most reasonable way.

Adding @moon to the list to infect. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t want to use hub motors :sweat:

Have you tried SR TKP?

1 Like

marcmt88 has clamps, but they don’t work without a fight. Ollin has mounts.

The other way is I think to file flatspots, and/or braze or tig weld to add some material to square things up. But this is almost futile unless you’ve stockpiled the old hangers.

I like tkp on slow turny setups. Apprehensive about going fast on them.

1 Like